LegacyGT.com

LGT market value in 3 yrs with 100k miles?

FYI, I don't intend to sell it in 3 years. I pushed my last car till almost 1/4 million miles before I got rid of it.

I find the opposite just as irritating where someone buys a car and tries not to put any miles on it so they can get a higher trade in value. Why buy a car if you are afraid to drive it.

FYI, I don't intend to sell it in 3 years. I pushed my last car till almost 1/4 million miles before I got rid of it.

I find the opposite just as irritating where someone buys a car and tries not to put any miles on it so they can get a higher trade in value. Why buy a car if you are afraid to drive it.

i was suggesting pre-owned; using your situation as an example, you'll be out of factory warranty within first 9 months -- letting someone else take the depreciation hit makes more financial sense, then drive it all you want. but like i said before, people can spend their $$ how they want. if you keep it and it lasts 250K miles, then i'd say you got your money's worth.

Man, at least in New England, I was looking for an used either Outback or Legacy to be a winter beater, and with 120-140K miles, people were still asking 4-5K and those didn't have any goodies on them, no heated seats, no leather, no nothing!!! heheheh

I would say at least some 12K!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i was suggesting pre-owned; using your situation as an example, you'll be out of factory warranty within first 9 months -- letting someone else take the depreciation hit makes more financial sense, then drive it all you want. but like i said before, people can spend their $$ how they want. if you keep it and it lasts 250K miles, then i'd say you got your money's worth.

The problem with pre-owned is you never know what you get especially with a relatively new car. You have to ask yourself why the person is selling it. Odds are it's an un-ripe lemon. Plus you don't get the new car smell with a pre-owned.

Archived