LegacyGT.com

Here's a question maybe you guys can help with.....

Niznits

I got a LGT. I cant tell but either in the dashboard or the front fender on the driver side there is a rattle. Some days worse then others. The idiots I brought it to had no idea where it was coming from. Anyone have this problem? I was told that some may. If so please let me know and if you know how to fix it, please tell.

Thanks

Some will say it's the fuel lines, others willsay the dash is lose and needs to be adjusted. What worked for me was lift up on the left bottom portion of the dash (same thing as dremeling the screw and lifting up/tightening the dash again,)preventing any movement. The cold weather will cause more rattles too, you should see a decrease when it warms up. A little afvice-try to get used to the rattles they will always be there. After 18 months and 35k miles I have finally given up and just keep the radio on. How about an exhaust to help cover the rattles? I think that should help you :)

If this is a rattle that sounds like it comes from behind the instrument cluster on the drivers side and sounds like plastic rattling against plastic it is a known issue but there is no tech service buletin on it.

A decent Subaru dealer will have recieved what they told me are "tech tips" from Subaru.

The fix involves removal of the dash and (re)insulation of dash mount points behind it.

They did this on mine and the rattle was 100% fixed.

I'm one of those people for whome rattles like this drive me INSANE. I was this >< close to getting another car from another vendor.

Luckily for me the service folks at Chaplins Subaru in Bellevue WA have been awesome about this and got the problem taken care of.

My dash rattle got worse in the cold weather just like so many others. I've located it to the driver side corner at the bottom of the window where the long thin dash piece that goes across the vehicle and the main dash panel come together. I read someplace on the forum earlier that someone used a small clear rubber foot (like the kind you stick to the bottom of small appliances to keep them from sliding around on the counter for example) and wedged it between the thin dash piece and the window to push the dash pieces together tighter. However, I plan to try something different, tonight I found some of that thumb tack putty that you can roll into a small ball. I'm going to try to stick the putty between the two pieces to get them to stick together.

My dash rattle is driver side by the a-pillar. Sounds like a a freakin baby rattle, only happens on cold days though. It's an easy fix, place your right hand on the dash and wedge your fingers between the a pillar and dash. Problem solved till the car gets warm.

Archived