LegacyGT.com

Drove the 06 Civic Si last weekend

What a cool little car! I couldn't really get on the car as it had 3 miles on it, don't like abusing peoples cars. From my short drive, the car is a little go-kart. Really tight and nimble, engine sounds very nice-similar to the RSX-S but throatier, hit Vtec once and it had a nice high pitch but throaty growl. Steering is very quick, brakes seemed fine. The only thing I didn't like was the DBW throttle hang, between upshifts the revs stay up for about .5 seconds, they don't raise or fall just stay where u left off-kind of like stepping on the clutch without moving your foot from the gas pedal. I could get used to it, but wasn't really a fan. The car is about 20k for a base Si w/o Navi-I think that's a great price.

The people at Madison Honda were going bonkers trying to get me to sign the paperwork-I wanted $1500 more than they would do for trade-in. It was a funny site to see...Frantic phone calls, paging people on the loudspeaker, blah blah trying to get me to bite. Thanks but no thanks.

I had the crazy idea of turning in my 05 LGT lease for it..going to hang onto the car until fall 07 when the lease is up. I still really love my LGT, it's not time for it to go yet. Yeah yeah the cars are so different..I love my torque monster and I love the tight feel of the Si, theyre both excellent in different ways. If I do eventually give up my LGT i'll still have the RS6 to drive and if I keep the LGT I cna drive the S2k and RSX-S, not a bad deal to me. Bottom line I am a Honda nut so we'll see.

Sounds like a great little car. Can't say I ever considered one when I was shopping fo my WRX TR, but I did test drive a LGT and RX-8 6MT. Most performance fwd cars don't cut it for me and the only one I'd ever consider would be the MazdaSpeed Protege.

S2000 and the NSX are the only Hondas I'd consider. Well maybe a a good Honda lawnmower....

+1!!!!!!!!

I don't do wrong wheel drive!!! I actually liked a lot the new TL style, if they ever offered with AWD!!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

No there was no TL AWD platform. I came from a 2001 CL Type S. FWD is the only platform for that car.

They came out with the AWD system for the new RL but they weren't planning on retrofitting the TL with it. I asked and that is why I moved to Subaru. I wanted AWD

S2000 and the NSX are the only Hondas I'd consider. Well maybe a a good Honda lawnmower....

stole em words right out of my mouth...dont forget the cbr and the Rune and their formula offerings and the water scooters

I loved my Integra GSR sedan that I sold before I got the LGT. My wife is still a Honda driver (Accord) and I imagine there will always be a Honda in the garage in one form or another. They are great cars to tune and really give you a great bang for the buck. I'll have a really hard time going down from the LGT back into a lower powered Honda, but I'm sure I'd survive.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

There are rumors that the next TL maybe offered in AWD (same system as RL). But I have heard stronger rumors that the next TSX might get the turbo 4 from the new RDX that is coming out - the TSX would have something like 240hp.

Guess we will have to wait and see...

If the TSX got the 2.3 Turbo and AWD, buhbye LGT.

Don't we all love competition????????

This will bring SoA, AVG and other players to enhance their cars, more power, better mileage, better etc etc etc to compete and win....

Before, at that high 200's turbo mark, we only had the Evo and STi, now we are getting a lot of other performance sedans jumping into that horsepower range...

I have heard 3 o4 4 ppl on the forum here, that would have bought a different car if the TL offered AWD, and others too I imagine....

Now that will be competition, not the Si IMHO!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

^ Yup competition is great! At the time I said there is nothing for the $ that offers this kind of performance and luxury as the LGT, there still isn't. Nice to have other options coming, maybe we'll finally get some xenons,navi and a 6sp.

Exactly what I was talking about.....

Xenons, Navi and a 6MT would be great too... And even a better interior, more refined and better quality without all those rattles would help burst sales too!!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Saw one on the way to work this morning for the first time. In initial impressions, decent styling but really really small. That thing looks like a mouse next to all the other cars on the road. I thought it was a hybrid toyota at first glance.

I have to agree with the others on here that it would be a step down on the food chain to drive that. After all it is still just a civic in a new shell.

on a 1 - 10 for cool unqiue gotta have

I give it a 6. There are a few other cars in the low 20's that I would dive on first I think

^ yeah it's still a civic, I don't think it looks that great or anything, but it's so much fun to drive, way more fun than my LGT. It's not that fast but a 69.2 slalom and over .9G skidpad stock, I'm all about that stuff. If it weren't a Honda I probably wouldn't care about the car :lol:

Gotta love the competition. I think the TSX will get AWD before the TL becasuse the TL with AWD would be too close to the RL and probably take away sales. I think Honda has to step up with the TSX or it will get left behind. I bet the new RDX is also kind of a test bed for the upcoming AWD turbo TSX. Isn't the RDX riding on a TSX platform?

I had the crazy idea of turning in my 05 LGT lease for it..going to hang onto the car until fall 07 when the lease is up. I still really love my LGT, it's not time for it to go yet. Yeah yeah the cars are so different..I love my torque monster and I love the tight feel of the Si, theyre both excellent in different ways. If I do eventually give up my LGT i'll still have the RS6 to drive and if I keep the LGT I cna drive the S2k and RSX-S, not a bad deal to me. Bottom line I am a Honda nut so we'll see.

How would you go about turning in your car if the lease hasnt ended yet? I would love to get out of mine but I only thought there was 2 ways to go about it. One, stop making payments and have it repossesed :lol: and the other was to go lemon law if the car is one (which mine is). If you can just waltz into a dealer and trade it in without the lease term being over and without it affecting your credit I'll do it in a heartbeat!

How would you go about turning in your car if the lease hasnt ended yet? I would love to get out of mine but I only thought there was 2 ways to go about it. One, stop making payments and have it repossesed :lol: and the other was to go lemon law if the car is one (which mine is). If you can just waltz into a dealer and trade it in without the lease term being over and without it affecting your credit I'll do it in a heartbeat!

You can trade in your lease any time, that’s why mmm def was in my dealership :icon_wink the only true question is how much negative equity you have in it. If mileage is not high probably about $1,500 to $2,500. When you trade your lease we just buy it from leasing company witch is usually CHASE with Subaru.

You can PM me for details

And please stop saying that the only Hondas worth buying are NSX and S2000. You missing Accord, Odyssey, Civic and Pilot, and all of them best in their class according to major publications and web sites.

I took Accord EX-V6 sedan 6sp for a joy ride yesterday and was very impressed by smoothness, power and refinement. And how about telescoping steering wheel with radio controls, ambient light, incredible shifter, ergonomic armrest, vehicle stability system and it runs on regular gas. And even with voice activated NAV lease numbers still better than LGT by about $30 a month.

I like my LGT a lot, but it doest mean that is the best out there.

Legal disclosure- I am a proud Honda salesman.

And please stop saying that the only Hondas worth buying are NSX and S2000. You missing Accord, Odyssey, Civic and Pilot, and all of them best in their class according to major publications and web sites.

Aside from the NSX and S2k... are any of those AWD, or RWD??? Aside from the SUV...

No, you say?

There you go. FWD for teh loss!!! SUV for teh loss!!!

For some of us, it is just that simple. I have owned FWD, and I prefer RWD. 4WD is fun, and AWD is going to be even better than 4WD. I don't want nor need an SUV or minivan, and I need more than two seats that S2k and NSX have. Sedan for me...

So where does that leave me with Honda? Or Toyota, GM, Ford, or many others... for that matter. For the ones that do offer AWD, the Subaru Legacy is better.

Archived