LegacyGT.com

New rear badging

OCDetails

I looked at the back of my car the other day and I didn't like what I saw for some reason. I like that people can't figure out what the car is, but I also wanted some sort of badging back there. The solution in my mind was to get a Liberty badge and replace the 2.5GT and remove the BOXER letters. So member hifiandmtb went to a dealership down under and shipped me a badge. :)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/OCDetails2/liberty2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/OCDetails2/liberty1.jpg

So now the task will be to remove badges that are a year old and polish the deck before I apply it. I was thinking of just replacing the 2.5GT with this badge. So basically in the same place it would be on any Legacy/Liberty. I'm taking the BOXER off and I'll see how it looks. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm kind of reconsidering the double L logo too. I don't mind it on the front, but on the back I'm trying to decide what I want to do with that. Removing it isn't really an option unless I can figure out what to do with the holes it leaves. I'll get back to that...

OCDETAILS BLOG

I think I paypaled him $45 to cover the conversion and shipping and paypal fees. It came in 4 or 5 bucks under that I think. It could probably be had for about $40. The invoice he sent me had a total with GST of $41.45 (about $30 bucks USD) and shipping was like $6 AUD (about $4 something US). http://www.svm.com.au is the dealership he got it from. I don't know if they will ship to the US, but it is always worth asking them. I've got a copy of the invoice if they try to screw you.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Well, I couldn't wait, so I popped the rest of the badges off and polished the back of the trunk. Polishes just don't work to well in 20 degree weather, so I figured polishing the rest of the car would probably just be an exercise in frustration. Frankly I like the way it looks badgeless. I'll have to check it out in the sun tomorrow and see what I think. I'm still going to put the Liberty badge on, but I want to see what it looks like totally badgless for awhile first.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I think I paypaled him $45 to cover the conversion and shipping and paypal fees. It came in 4 or 5 bucks under that I think. It could probably be had for about $40. The invoice he sent me had a total with GST of $41.45 (about $30 bucks USD) and shipping was like $6 AUD (about $4 something US). www.svm.com.au is the dealership he got it from. I don't know if they will ship to the US, but it is always worth asking them. I've got a copy of the invoice if they try to screw you.

Yep - those figures are correct. I actually told the counter dude at SVM what I was doing & he said that was the only way you'd get a Liberty badge in the U.S. :(

If anyone else is keen I now know how to use Paypal :confused:

I reckon this badge will rock on a U.S. Legacy!

Dangit... I couldn't beat the sun home. Anyway, it looks pretty sharp without anything on the back. I really want to slap that badge on so I can see how I like it, but I need to decide on a couple other things first. So far I like the badgless look. Very clean. I liked it the other way too, but this is a different kind of like. It's no better or worse than the way I had it before. I do like the idea of not having to clean between letters for awhile. Man I hated that...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/OCDetails2/backgood.jpg

OCDETAILS BLOG

Looks sharp badgeless, too. Maybe you could stick the badges on a strong magnetic plate so that it's removable or something. Then you could go with either look and also take it off for detailing. Just never forget to remove it when parked or it's a goner.

Archived