LegacyGT.com

Am I just not supposed to mod my legacy?

I bought my Legacy GT Limited last October. A beautiful SWP 5EAT. I could not hold back for long and decided to immediately get the RBS grill and STI replica lip about a month or so later. Life was good.

My paint job on the lip did not resist chipping well, so I pulled it off to repaint. I the process one of the clamps holding the lip in place was somehow hinged to my lip and bumper. After some fiddling I got it off, but cracked off some fiberglass around the mounting hole. No big deal, I can fix that.

Then I got a Infinity Basslink. Sounded good....died 3 months later. Infinity has not been receptive to my warranty claim so far and I cannot return to the store I bought it from since they only have a 30 day return service. Also installed some new speakers in the front and rear doors, and outside of being a pain in the butt getting the front speakers to mount properly, I got it done (after a couple tries).

This weekend I got my Prodrive PFF-7's and Pirelli Pzero Nero's. Got the tires at Discount Tire and they managed to ding up one of my brand new rims but will not take responsibility for it after confronting them. Then I got my iON springs installed a Saturday and my driver side front is making a occasional grinding noise when turning the wheel even after having the strut and spring reinstalled. I have a Accessport coming this week, but since I am at a high annoying problem rate I am concerned what troubles I might have next. Thankfully none of these problems are real bad, but very annoying none the less since there always seems to be something coming up.

I bought my Legacy GT Limited last October. A beautiful SWP 5EAT. I could not hold back for long and decided to immediately get the RBS grill and STI replica lip about a month or so later. Life was good.

My paint job on the lip did not resist chipping well, so I pulled it off to repaint. I the process one of the clamps holding the lip in place was somehow hinged to my lip and bumper. After some fiddling I got it off, but cracked off some fiberglass around the mounting hole. No big deal, I can fix that.

Then I got a Infinity Basslink. Sounded good....died 3 months later. Infinity has not been receptive to my warranty claim so far and I cannot return to the store I bought it from since they only have a 30 day return service. Also installed some new speakers in the front and rear doors, and outside of being a pain in the butt getting the front speakers to mount properly, I got it done (after a couple tries).

This weekend I got my Prodrive PFF-7's and Pirelli Pzero Nero's. Got the tires at Discount Tire and they managed to ding up one of my brand new rims but will not take responsibility for it after confronting them. Then I got my iON springs installed a Saturday and my driver side front is making a occasional grinding noise when turning the wheel even after having the strut and spring reinstalled. I have a Accessport coming this week, but since I am at a high annoying problem rate I am concerned what troubles I might have next. Thankfully none of these problems are real bad, but very annoying none the less since there always seems to be something coming up.

Seems like I have the same luck as you sometimes.:(

isnt this supposed to come up as a big ass law suit? they damaged your property, period!

Well this is how it happened. I got the tires put on Friday night and did a quick visual. It was later (6:30-7pm) so everything looked fine at the time in the limited light. I went home which is a short 10-12 mile drive and parked in my garage. The next day I drove another 10 miles to get my springs put on and my installer noticed the dings before even pulling the wheel. There are 4 chips in a horizontal fashion across one of the spokes, like it was banged against something and a 20mm gogue on the lip. Now, the wheels were brand new and inspected after receiving them and were still in thier original boxes when I went to Discount tire. So unless my one wheel was magically struck by multiple objects in about 20 miles of drive time without me knowing it, I have a funny feeling it happened there. So when I went back to discount tire and asked to speak with them about it, they said that there is no way they could have done that damage. So my problem is that I cannot really prove that they did it and I did not notice it until I had already left the premises. I am going to place a call into their corporate office tomorrow and see if I can get a better response.

Well my LGT is on order and had planned to do some minor mods in about 4 or 5 months, but that just got put into a holding pattern for at leat a year or so. My wife's car craped out and needed to get replaced, I know the pics are a bit dark, but what the hell:

DSCN5888.thumb.JPG.326dc7aedf1ad1d5e70cac43aed1e11c.JPG

DSCN5890.thumb.JPG.47e8148d32fa3c0760ca335e11050ae1.JPG

DSCN5891.thumb.JPG.adfe4540566d5da7ee0e2f23582b53ca.JPG

DSCN5892.thumb.JPG.2252d286cb43c8172e287d0a9a049027.JPG

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Well, two pieces of news. I finally heard back from Infinity and it looks like they are going to send me a replacement Basslink. I also received a message on my voicemail from the manager at the local Discount tire wanting to go over my issue with me, so my email must have at least made it to someone. I'll contact them tomorrow to see what my options are.

@least you got an ap and a hot map from a wicked cool tuner

Yeah damnit.. so ive heard... should have done some research before I ordered it... Would have loved to get it from you with one of your wicked cool maps ;) I should have my AP by tomorrow however.

Archived