LegacyGT.com

Long Trip Home After Picking Up LGT

I will be picking up my LGT in Eau Claire Wisconsin and driving home to Milwaukee Wisconsin about a 240-250 mile trip. With breaking in the engine, any suggestions on how I should take this trip? My only idea is to vary my speed 10-15 mph on the freeway on the way back and maybe stop every hour and let it cool completely down before continuing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe

I took a 250 mile trip on my WRX the day I got it. The key is to vary rpms and gears. Never hold one gear for more then 10-15 minutes (just switch from 4th to 5th on the highway), and vary mph by +/- 10 mph of the speed limit every so often in each gear. Its a lot of work, but my engine in the WRX was running real nice 25k miles later. I think I only stopped twice on the trip, once for gas, once for the restroom.

Not only would I vary my speed and gears quite a bit, I'd pull off the freeway several times as well. Pull into a 7-11 or something. Stop to get gas after 100 or so miles. Then stop and grab a sandwich at 200 miles. Give the engine a full array of driving conditions in that first day of driving, not just varying the speed and gears on the highway.

I went from picking mine up in Eau Claire, to a meet in Madison, and then home up to Appleton, all in one day. That's I think around 370 miles. I didn't stop between EC and Madison, but I did vary it between 65 and 85 with a jaunt to the triple range (traffic was flowing about 75-80, FIBs. :lol: ) I did also take it out for a little more of a break-in for about 20 miles on the back roads around EC with one of the locals I know. Good schizzle. It doesn't take long to get to Madison from EC, I think only a hair past 2hrs for me. :)

:D So another satisfied Chilson's customer, huh? Interesting. Looks like I may be waiting until my IMBA kicks in effect in Oct before I order. Not sure it matters which dealer I go with in that regard, since it's just invoice. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Archived