LegacyGT.com

Fuel Mileage? What's typical for you?

Oh yeah, and I did NOT baby it: I accelerated normally, with plenty of shifts above 5000 rpm. No way I could drive like f1anatic...

Jesus Christ God Almighty Santa Maria and all the Saints !

Why in the world would you shift most of the time at 5000 rpm ?

I don"t wanna be rude...but how old are you ? :confused: Are you racing your shaddow ? You"ll NEVER be faster than your shaddow...just so you know...

Even if I wanted to shift at 5000 rpm...I have zero chances due to traffic. So instead of killing my engine uselessly...I would rather go the other way and baby it...espec when there"s no way I can go faster or I can overtake anyone. Results speak for themselves...I am not bitching about fuel economy...Sure it is not great...but compared to yours...MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS ! (fuel economy :icon_surp that is)

Why in the world would you shift most of the time at 5000 rpm ?

"Plenty" does not mean "most". I'm sorry, I may have exaggerated slightly: I'm not an acceleration freak by any stretch of the imagination - my other car is a Miata for goodness sake - but if I'm going up a freeway ramp or have some empty road in front of me I do like to bury my foot in the throttle... and I did not stop that behavior during my little mileage experiment here. Come to think of it, perhaps it is a carryover from the Miata, which doesn't make much power at all below 5000 RPM, and when I'm driving that I'm often usually driving the wheels off it... and still going less than the speed limit.

For the record, I'm 35, and just as a good-natured inquiry, can I throw this question back at you: if you are never going to get the RPM's up into the boost range anyway, why buy the Turbo?

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

For the record, I'm 35, and just as a good-natured inquiry, can I throw this question back at you: if you are never going to get the RPM's up into the boost range anyway, why buy the Turbo?

It is a fair question. for the record I am a measly 27 years of age. I never claimed that I do NOT like to push the car in higher RPMs, I have my own moments of madness...but Chicago traffic is of such nature that it is simply impossible. Since gasoline is also expensive around here...I found it easier to adjust my driving style...and survive better at the pump, at the ATM machine and reduce the wear and tear on the car as well. And I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the thruth...so help me...shit I have Jury Duty next week on the 28th...I do drive 2000-2500 rpm in Chicago's I-90/94 super-parking lot.

We average 22.5MPG in ours with the trip computer and the last 9800 miles. Mostly highway/back country roads. We use 3000-4000RPM as the shift point and my wife(her car) tends to leave the tach at 3000RPM a lot even cruising at low speeds.

What I didn't mention is that on my latest trip the Cruise Control kicked OFF twice while I was cruising at 80mph - hello 'Stuttering' issue, although mine was more of a hesitation that I encountered throughout the trip. But I was relatively happy with my gas mileage! My advice to those who aren't: check your tire pressures; I was pretty shocked to find mine as low as they were before I started to pay attention.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I have an '05 LGT 5EAT, 9,000+ miles.

After a lot of back and forth with Subaru of America and the dealer, the dealership ran a fuel consumption test with 50% highway and 50% city driving. (50 miles, measured by the books, not with the trip computer)

Fuel Mileage: 16.81 Average MPG

Air Fuel Correction: 0.8%

Air Fuel Learn: 1-2%

Tires: Proper Pressure

My Numbers:

-1/23/06

Mobile Super + (93 Octane) 15.008 gallons

174.7 miles driven, 30 left on the tank = 204.7 miles.

Assuming I used 15 gallons of gas, that gives me = 13.6 mpg. (all city)

-02/01/06

Mobile Super + (93 Octane) 14.471 gallons

243 miles driven, 50 left in the tank = 293 miles.

Assuming I used 15 gallons of gas, that gives me = 20.93 mpg (mostly highway)

-02/04/06

Marathon Premium (91, I believe) 13.307 gallons

263.4 miles total (180 miles highway)

Assuming I used 13.307 gallons of gas, that gives me = 19.8mpg (mostly highway)

-02/10/06

Speedway Premium (92 Octane) 15.033 gallons

86 miles driven, 160 left in the tank (submitted for fuel consumption test)

Total miles = 246, assuming 15 gallons of gas = 16.4 mpg (mostly city)

-02/17/06

Speedway Premium (92 Octane) 6.533 gallons

238 miles driven, 60 left in the tank = 298 miles.

Assuming I used 15 gallons of gas, that gives me = 19.86mpg (nearly all highway)

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26881

On the stock tire size in an 01 LGT I can manage:

22 or so in mostly cityesque driving

24-26 in mixed highway and cityesque driving

28-30 on the Highway

However, running my 225 summer tires:

21 or so in mostly cityesque driving

24-25 in mixed driving

25-26 on all highway driving

The extra width is great for handling, but bad bad bad for mileage outside of slower driving. Piling miles on it gives it less than stellar mileage.

About 22 - 23 mpg in mixed, 50/50 city/hwy driving when it's chilly (below about 45 degrees)

24 - 25 mpg in the same conditions when it's warmer

27 - 29 mpg hwy, I have seen 30mpg on a few occasions. This is at 70 - 73 mph with mostly flat hwy. Mpg drops pretty quick once you get past about 75 or so mph.

My wife doesn't drive agressively, and the average of her Legacy (auto, non-turbo) is 17.5. My BMW 5 liter V8 gets 20 . Go figure. I guess 360HP beats 165 in the mileage race.

Archived