LegacyGT.com

R&T: LGT vs. STI Drag Times

I too have the 5MT non-limited and they say that it is the fastest of all trims due to less weight. Faster by how much I don't know but I'm happy with those numbers that autoweek got.

the cars weigh the same.. so really the ratios that we are actually comparing to is:

power made vs. transmissed speed

in our case

300 hp / 3.9 final drive VS. 250 hp / 4.11 final drive

so I can believe the numbers a bit.. of course, these are probably some serious launches in the process.

Not sure if everyone knows how an STi in 1st gear is, but it's SUPER SHORT to the point that it's almost useless.

Keefe

I too have the 5MT non-limited and they say that it is the fastest of all trims due to less weight. Faster by how much I don't know but I'm happy with those numbers that autoweek got.

I think the rule of thumb is lose 100 pound, lose .1 sec's off your 1/4. I believe the GT vs. GT limited is only a difference of maybe 50 or 60 pounds....sunroof and leather. So your talking maybe .05 secs in a 1/4...the blink of an eye. The driver will be much more of a variable.;)

However autoweek did get a 5.24 0-60 with the base non-limited GT 5MT.

here is the test from Autoweek entitled: "2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited":

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050704/FREE/507040714&SearchID=73237968873152

from the article: "At 5.23 seconds to 60 mph, our turbocharged Legacy Limited bests a host of sports cars we tested, including, surprisingly, the Audi S4’s 5.36 seconds."

reading comprehension? :iam:

Okay my mistake then the non-limited would be a hair faster:lol: ! Anyways thanks for pointing it out I was referencing it from memory so forgive me if I messed up the details but there is really no need for the :iam: crap.

In any case the whole point was that the GT is as capable of good times as the Spec-b thats all. I just don't believe the spec-b is faster than the GT...it has the same power.

Archived