LegacyGT.com

Car PC ready and rolling

DrLomaX

I am glad u guys like it. I tried to keep it as OEM as possible cause when my tuner sat in the car he expected it to be bling but he was amazed that it looks like it came of the lot this way.

pc specs?

VIA 1.3GHz SP13000 EPIA Board

DDR400 1GB

80GB laptop HDD

USB2 DVD+/- RW (DVD-ROM and DVD-RW was only $20 apart, couldnt resist)

M1-ATX PSU

VROOM CAR PC case

RF Keyboard with joystick mouse

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2 w/ remote

MS Streets and Trips 2006

However, I am not too happy with the combined S&T and MCE, I plan to restart my work on my own Legacy GT based frontend that will host all these applications....

I am glad u guys like it. I tried to keep it as OEM as possible cause when my tuner sat in the car he expected it to be bling but he was amazed that it looks like it came of the lot this way.

VIA 1.3GHz SP13000 EPIA Board

DDR400 1GB

80GB laptop HDD

USB2 DVD+/- RW (DVD-ROM and DVD-RW was only $20 apart, couldnt resist)

M1-ATX PSU

VROOM CAR PC case

RF Keyboard with joystick mouse

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2 w/ remote

MS Streets and Trips 2006

However, I am not too happy with the combined S&T and MCE, I plan to restart my work on my own Legacy GT based frontend that will host all these applications....

Wow.. How much did that run ya?

I'm hoping to do something a lot cheaper - just do some monitoring and maybe some navigation..

HV

Have you looked at iGuidance for navigation? I find it a bit friendlier for in-car navigation

+1 for iguidance. I have it running on my pocket pc and I love it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Well I got S&T and it works pretty good. The only thing that pisses me off is that everytime u use the application and when the system goes to shut down, it pops up the do wish to save your map popup and then the system goes for a hard shut down since the popup halts the soft shutdown. But I got Mappoint 2004 and I have the dev tools to design a mdified version of the tool, so lets hope for the best

Wow.. How much did that run ya?

I'm hoping to do something a lot cheaper - just do some monitoring and maybe some navigation..

Everything together was around $750 and about $200 overhead due to snags, paintwork etc. All in all i found it to be a better option than the head units with navigation. Lot cheaper and alot more capable.

Looks great. Did you do the screen fabrication work yourself?

Yes sir, the only thing I did not do is the painting process. Had to give it to a bodyshop to match the paint. Besides that, bondoing (not a real verb), sanding etc. were all by me. My recommendation to have a good clear game plan before you get to work.

1. Make your frame with some wet balsa wood so that it will flex.

2. Use bondo over the wood frame to get the proper shape

3. Sand and rebondo till the desired shape is achieved.

I went thru 3 runs since bondo starts to dry so fast, might learn fiber glass for the next project.

Also, use the plastic from the screen frame so that the viewing area fits just about right. I will also post a thread about step by step of how I made eveyerthing or well most of it

Real simple actually, if u refer to this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21047&highlight=blank

Page1 will tell u information about the traces and page 3 will tell u about the different triggers. Since I dont give a crap about AM I decided to disable it.

In simple, I cut the traces and put a schmidt triggered DPDT relay which is switched by the 4V AM trigger to switch to Normally Open (Aux In) from Normally Closed (FM). Not very complicated, just requires a steady hand. I will post the circuit diagram of the schmidt triggered relay.

pcb1.jpg.6f6df03ea01058d1445820d06675475d.jpg

Archived