LegacyGT.com

Fun day at Buttonwillow raceway

BOXRPWR

Hey all,

Had a great track day today at Buttonwillow sponsored by SpeedTrialUSA.com It was a well managed event. There were some really wicked race cars in the advanced group. Unfortunately, GOTO:Racing's LGT was a no-show. The intermediate group had a few yahoos that forgot the designated passing zones and were dive passing in corners and cutting you off big time. Despite them, there were no real accidents just a heep of off-track excursions. I was happy to stay on the road surface the whole time.

Here are some pics of various cars at the track

http://photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/BW2/?action=view&current=PICT0018.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=5

got some video. need to edit & upload it I'll post a link shortly

well, track days aren't really a race....so no "place" to claim. I can say that there were some damned fast cars out there. I was passed much more than I passed others. Amazing to watch how R-compound tires allow extreme cornering speeds. You don't want to follow one in unknowingly or else you will be out in the dirt. Also amazing (and very frustrating) how much a lightweight setup kicks ass on pure power. There were some race-prepped Civics and Nissans that probably weighed around 1 ton that just ate my lunch. Agrivating having a Civic ride up your butt and carry twice your speed through corners. oh yeah....that blue painters tape works wonders.

So sorry that we missed the weekend, looked like a lot of fun and great weather. Unfortunetely we made a late decision that we needed to stay home and work on the cars instead of running them. We basically have 2 weekends worth of work to do and only three weekends to do it in. That leaves only one weekend to test the car, so we chose to go to the Buttonwillow event in two weekends instead. That way we will have both cars ready, the Legacy will have all of its aero work done + its diffs, and the WRX will have a fresh paint job. Sorry again for the no-show, we hope to see you at the next Buttonwillow event, we WILL be there.

Was that MDork with you?

wasnt me...wish it was...i cant see the pics but if it was an m coupe theres a good chance i know the couper :). had to cancel my 3/11 date at cal speedway. might try to make it to sears instead.

Archived