LegacyGT.com

Springs in the SD area

psucaptainkickass

I think bottoming out everyonce in a while is something you will ALWAYS get by doing just springs. The stock struts simply do not have enough dampening.
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I have my iONs on my car for over 3 weeks, and the ride quality is getting closer to the stock ride! But to answer your question, eventhough the iON springs lower your car, they don't bottom out easier (then stock springs) simply because they are stiffer.

I know how the roads on San Diego are... a bit similar to the streets in downtown LA but a bit worse. I served my jury duty last week in downtown LA, so I looked for troubles going over uneven surface with my iONs on... no problems there! I even had my foot on the accelerator when going over some small potholes...:icon_bigg Stiffer ride when going over cracks and pot holes with the iONs, that's for sure, but no problems! That said, I haven't went over "large" pot holes with stock springs or iON springs, so I wouldn't know...

But yeah, definitely get the iON springs, you'll be happy you did!:) I personally think that iON springs brings out the sportiness in our LGTs... very well designed! Now I get so much more body motion control when cornering (less body roll), stopping (way less nose dive) & accelerating (almost no nose-lift)...

BTW, the ride is stiff when you first put them on, but it gets better and better...

Archived