LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT 5 spoke wheels as std on all '06 L's

GT_Boxer

All I want to know is who was the idiot at Subaru who decided the 5 spoke wheels from the 2005 2.5 GT Legacy should be used as the standard wheels on all 2006 Legacy's? Don't get me wrong, I love the 5 spoke wheels on my '05 Legacy GT but now that all of the 2006 Legacy's (sans Spec B) come with the same 5 spoke wheels it sort of cheapens my car!

Back in 2005 I liked the fact that the 5 spokes only came on the 2.5 GT and not the 2.5i. Oh well, if I really don't like it I can always go with a set of aftermarket wheels.

Well, I would disagree that it cheapens your car any, b/c I would see that as an insult to MY car.:lol: But, I think they are moving in the right direction; as far as the rims being the same, maybe that wasn't a good choice, but the move up to 17s, and I believe larger brakes, was a good move. I wish my car had the slightly larger brakes and wheels...

and oh yeah..they both "technically" had 5 spokes, the GT had solid 5 spokes, whereas the i has split 5 spokes. :p

Maybe the genius who did that was just thinking how lame it was to sell the Legacy with the same 16s that came on the Impreza. You may forget that the 2002 WRX and RS all came with the same wheels and everyone knew which car was which. I doubt that having the same wheels as a lesser model will cheapen your car. The people that really care and know their cars will always know that the real differences under the hood are what really matter. ;)

Like you said, you can get aftermarket wheels. Mostly everybody with a performance oriented mentality will upgrade eventually.

Archived