LegacyGT.com

Windshield rattle FOUND!

Is this rattle almost right above the cubby on the flatter prt of the dash ?

On our wagon it sounded like it was under the dash, but apparently was being conducted into the car from the back of the hood. There are still other rattles in the windshield area, but the 5-cents worth of silicone caulk certainly eliminated one of the more annoying ones and only took about 2 minutes to fix.

Still can't believe how much the WS nozzles can rattle around in their oversize openings.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

• 1 year later...

I was washing my car yesterday and discovered how loose those nozzles were when I ran the rag over them. I lifted the hood and was amazed at the poor design of the fit. I like the silicon solution. I'll try that out when it is nice and warm out.

I also have a horrible rattle in my rear view mirror!

Cheers,

Mike

My rattle is from where the A pillar cover meets up with the dash. I found it when I was having my windshield replaced and was able to see what parts were loose. Holding my hand in that corner silence the rattle when I'm driving. I intend to glue a piece of foam there when I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
I fixed a squeek coming from the drivers side rearseat where the back cusion connects to the seat frame of the trunk. this looks to be a poor hook design and seems like it's only a matter of time before the somewhat sharp hook wears through fuzzy little cloth piece and makes metal to metal squeeking over bumps and stuff. easy fix though, just take up the back seat , remove 4 bolts holding seatback cusion, identify crappy hooks(there are 3, one drivers/passengers/and middle) insulate.(i used electric tape). no more ghetto squeek!

What puzzles me is my buddies modified, lowered, 05 is tight as can be and has twice the miles as my 06 Limited yet I have dash rattles, passenger a pillar rattles, and a pop coming from the back decklid when I take an incline at an angle such as turning into an elevated parking lot.

Hey guys if you have the clicking or popping rattle in the dash and A pillars just take it to the dealer and they will either pull the clips or put new ones in. It takes about 5 minutes. I could see just a little silver metal piece sticking up at the bottom of the A pillars where they meet the dash before I took it in. Known issue.
Let's kick this pig!

• 3 weeks later...
Finally found and eliminated the rattles coming from the DRIVERS side windshield, dash area... As many others have said... it was from the gas lines. They were rattling against my tower bar mount above the shock tower.. Also there is a small plastic box about 6" toward the front of the car from the above mentioned gas lines that seems like it was making contact w/the shock tower as well... Put a couple of clear rubber "bump stops" and all the nutzo buzzing sounds are GONE!

Guys,

Brought my LGT in a few weeks ago for two rattles. The one at the base of the windshield and another from the cubby. I fixed the one from the base of the windshild by jamming a felt pad under the windshield. It worked, but I hated looking at it.

Subaru dealer replaced the clips on the dash (they said they had to remove the entire dashboard). It worked, no rattles. Also, they ordered a new cubby and it doesn't rattle at all now. It is much stiffer to open, but stays quiet. They did a great job. Bring your cars in!!!! They should know about these issues, you aren't alone. My car is an 05.

Archived