LegacyGT.com

Auto Tranny - Holding gear in a curve

Guest JessterCPA

Guest JessterCPA
I was crusing up the NY State Thruway and came to an overpass with an 18 wheeler next to me. I hit the steering wheel button down to 3rd and accelerated past the truck. Now entering the overpass I kept on the throttle and the car held gear through the corner. I was like "Those Legacy Forum guys were right! Son of a gun!" What an enjoyable experience. I have to do this more often! Thanks all! :D

[quote name='JessterCPA']I was crusing up the NY State Thruway and came to an overpass with an 18 wheeler next to me. I hit the steering wheel button down to 3rd and accelerated past the truck. Now entering the overpass I kept on the throttle and the car held gear through the corner. I was like "Those Legacy Forum guys were right! Son of a gun!" What an enjoyable experience. I have to do this more often! Thanks all! :D[/quote] Isn't that the point of driving the 5EAT in manual mode??? Glad you enjoy the 5EAT though.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Actually, I think he was in normal auto mode that lets you temporarily downshift using the steering wheel buttons. The 5EAT has a yaw sensor so that it won't upshift mid-corner. Same with going downhill. Pretty smart feature. In manual mode, the gears only change if you come to a stop. Ken

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Best of both world's IMO because occasionally I like eating, talking on the cell phone and drinking a cup of coffe all at the same time. For this reason I would purposely take the mini-van instead of the Audi I used to have. NOT NO MORE! :)

Guest JessterCPA
Yes, I was in "normal" auto mode. No sport or manual mode. It was great because I didn't have to think, it just worked. Very impressive. Yaw sensor? So it will work similarly on downhills also?

Yeah, the automatic version of the Legacy has all sorts of neat gadgets. The yaw sensor is one of those things, also dont forget it has a different AWD system than the manual Legacy. Jesster- good to see someone else in NJ with a new Legacy. What did you end up getting and how do you like it?

Guest JessterCPA
Tallguy, Got a Legacy 2.5 GT (non-limited). Atlantic Blue w/ auto tranny. Liberty Subaru in Oradell. I love it. The only one's I have seen in NJ so far are in the dealer lots. None on the road so far. If you are up here in Bergen/Passaic county, I am here & driving proudly!

Archived