LegacyGT.com

I just bought this today and I was wondering if anyone could give me a walk throught on how to install it. I bought it off a guy on NASIOC and he said to ask here.

thanks in advance for your help!!

-Steve

P.S.

if your not here to help please dont post!!

1677439668_carparts.jpg.336c74dded36b187ea63e0dc256f6eb6.jpg

First, are you sure that it is designed to fit your legacy? If not you'll make yourself nuts. Have you checked the AEM web site? They might have an install doc on their site.

CAI install is not rocket science, you basically need to remove the airbox and as much of the intake tubing as necessary. If this is designed for the Legacy it should be fairly obvious what needs to be removed.

I can help too......if you SEARCH in the walkthrough sections I'm sure you'll find someone who has installed one!:icon_bigg
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Its a pretty basic install. Remove your existing Air Box connected to the ram air intake, maintain the sensor located on the top, Install the heat shield, then mount the new AEM intake to the hose intake to the engine.

I would love to give more detail but i just realized im late for class... Ill be back on later and maybe i can post pics... G'luck

Yeah... you probably should have checked to see if this is a legitimate part for your car before you purchased from a wrx/sti owner who was just trying to sell. The intakes for those cars are NOT the same as for our cars, and if you peruse the 2.5i section of this forum, I think you will unfortunately find that no intake options are available other than panel filters....

I guess it's worth a try to see if you can make it fit since you have it, but I think you'll be pioneering this mission...

I DID A SEARCH!!! I DIDNT FIND ANYTHING!!

OKAY!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL!!!!!!!! And I wasn't being a D#$% but I can be if you want!!!!:icon_mad:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I Politly Asked That Only Helpfull People Post!! Apparently All You Trolls Must Have Nothing Better To Do !!!!

Again with the yelling.................dude, whatever. stop being so F#$% sensitive. Most people unfortunately don't SEARCH before posting something like that. you made no indication that you had searched yet. I was trying to be helpful, and if you don't like it then to bad.

I cant, Mccorry will ban me

do it anyway!!

Again with the yelling.................dude, whatever. stop being so F#$% sensitive. Most people unfortunately don't SEARCH before posting something like that. you made no indication that you had searched yet. I was trying to be helpful, and if you don't like it then to bad.

WHY DONT YOU LEAVE MY THREAD!!!!!!!!! YOUR NOT HELPING!!

AND BU11GOG YOU CAN GO WITH HIM BACK TO WHEREEVER YOU GUYS TROLL OUT OF:icon_surp

HACK SAW AND SOME RUBBER CONNECTORS AND YOU MAY GET LUCKY, I HAD A WRX INTAKE AND A DODGE RAM INTAKE,,HACKED EM UP AND HERE YA GO...I ENDED UP USEING THE FACTORY BOX AND A k&n PANEL FILTER CUZ THE SENSOR WASNT READING CORRECTLY THOUGH IT FIT IN THE WRX INTAKE HOUSING PERFECTLY...WORKS GREAT THOUGH

FIRST TRY

http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/6844/s30100514ci.th.jpg

FINAL PRODUCT

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2421/s30101553jo.th.jpg

WHY DONT YOU LEAVE MY THREAD!!!!!!!!! YOUR NOT HELPING!!

AND BU11GOG YOU CAN GO WITH HIM BACK TO WHEREEVER YOU GUYS TROLL OUT OF:icon_surp

you got some anger management issues son. even after explaining why I posted that you still insist on being a F'n idiot and yelling, so so be it. hope you f' up your engine. not my fault you got something you can't use.

Archived