LegacyGT.com

How to Deal With Paint Chips

ocdetails would be a good one to answer this, but I a short term fix to prevent it from getting bigger (and depending how deep the chip is) you could put a coat of clear nail polish on.

I myself would like to know a long term fix too because I have a chip in the hood. it's small, but I'd like to see it go away. I could use touch up paint, but not sure how well it would go on.

Have you checked out the paintscratch.com website?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

PremiumAutoCare.com has a good guide to fixing paint chips. Langka has a bit of a learning curve, but you can do some pretty flawless touch up work with it once you get the hang of it. I would practice on something before you try it on your car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i have a nasty chip in my front fender that i've got figure out a solution for as well.... (currently using a bit of clear nail polish to protect it)

it's going to require more than paint though -- I was hit by a rock on the highway and it left a nasty dent to match the scratch.

Archived