LegacyGT.com

One touch Remote possible?

[quote name='Salty']Anyone know if it is posssible to re program the keyless entry to open all doors with one touch of the remote? I find it very annoying to push the button twice. Thanks, Bob.[/quote] No one knows of anything yet.. but yes this annoys me a bit too. Especially since I throw stuff in the back seat on a daily basis.

The one-touch is a "safety" feature in that if someone is chasing you or your loved one, it would be nice to have only one door open, so they can hop in the car and lock it, rather than having the baddie able to hop right in behind them. The two-touch is click, click, with less than a second's interval. I don't understand the problem. I mean I do, but I don't. :lol: Because of the aforementioned feature, however, the answer is no. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'] The two-touch is click, click, with less than a second's interval. I don't understand the problem. I mean I do, but I don't. :lol: Kevin[/quote] It's in a five second's interval I think this is the best way.

VWs and Volvos can do it within the car's software/operating system, I haven't heard about Subaru's system whether it's open for dealers to make modifications or if it's a sealed system. That is a bit annoying and it was the same on my VW that I had for 5 years but gtguy has a valid point, I wouldn't have mine re-programmed.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='gtguy']The one-touch is a "safety" feature in that if someone is chasing you or your loved one, it would be nice to have only one door open, so they can hop in the car and lock it, rather than having the baddie able to hop right in behind them. The two-touch is click, click, with less than a second's interval. I don't understand the problem. I mean I do, but I don't. :lol: Because of the aforementioned feature, however, the answer is no. Kevin[/quote]When I had my Bouvier De Flandres I didn't worry about needing one door to unlock. <G>

I don't get it either...and it annoys me as I also use the back seat for storage, etc. And seriously...if someone's chasing me...if I have enough time to get into my car and lock the door, I'll have enough time to get into my car and lock all doors.

[quote name='gtguy']The reality is that people just want one more thing to complain about, and that's their right. Ask the dealer if such things are possible. Kevin[/quote] I will ask the dealer, but I figure they won't know. Enthusiasts and modders who want their car "Just So" are likley to figure this out. Since I might own this car 10 years like my last Legacy, that might be 15,000 extra pushes of a button for no reason. That is a PITA. I am definately not looking for something dumb to complain about.

Yes, it is possible. When I picked up my new car from the dealer, I asked him if it was possible to go the other way since it was already a single click. He said yes but they haven't figured it out using the instructions yet. I got used to it now - my previous car was the double click type. I now actually prefer the single - also saves battery life.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I wouldn't mind finding out the answer to this. Actually, I think they should have the key fob set up like a mouse. Right click for extra options, such as unlocking all doors.

I was able to do this in my old Grand Cherokee. I hit the power locks (in the car) turn the ignition on and off (not starting the car) three times and then hit the locks again. Not that this helps. I'm just giving an example. I guess I have no point. I'll just shut-up now. NGG

Archived