LegacyGT.com

Caddy SRX?

whts wrong with the MDX???she dont likey anymo???

She still likes alot. Good power & sounds great at WOT. I just don't trust the tranny replaced at 45k with rebuilt/remanufactured one, but if this one goes Acura might replace parts but we would have to pay install ($3500+).:icon_eek:

see http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=58

Thought Caddy was fancy for Chevy so repairs could be done at local shop. Gotta be cheaper then the Land Rover dealer $800 all the time, every time.

how about a car?

It's for the wife, she likes a SUV for the same reasons all women do / size + ride height = feels safe. Also Legacy w/2 car seats doesn't leave enough room for third adult (mom-in-law).

college fund

Done. https://promo.schwabon.com/ad046/ad046home.asp?campaign=529&mp=529g&pn=877-771-2130&src=KXT

Or maybe she'll be 6'2" and can shoot the three. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/SPORTS/WBasketball/2005/MeidaGuide/FrontCover2.jpg

Mom still needs to get to work.

She keeps telling me size doesn't matter, but when it comes to cars. My father keeps saying we should get a "Mini-van". Thats grounds for getting kicked out of Mantown and wife doesn't think their cool enough either.

Like the car like ride of the MDX price was good when we bought it. Anyone have any expierence with the SRX?

suba_rusHonda Pilot 4WD NAV (rear view camera incl) sit up to 8 people, or wait for new MDX. Do not gamble with your money by going with domestic cars- no reliability or resale value.

RDX may be- first turbo Honda in long time.

I vote 06 Honda Pilot. NIACE!!!!!!!

- The Mortgage Man

Ah, I missed the mother-in-law thing. The Forester won't do it for you either, then. I've ridden in the back with two other guys before... NOT comfortable!

I don't know about the minivan thing... I wouldn't mind one some days. Just like I'd have to ignore the dorks driving BMWs to buy one, I'd have to ignore the connotations of a minivan to buy one of those. But after you get over that, they're really cool vehicles. TONS of space for storage, with a nice low loading lift gate, more space than an SUV for people, car-like ride, sliding doors for the kids (no worries at parking lots), and better mileage than SUVs.

Getting over the minivan thing is huge, I admit. But whenever I have to call my dad to borrow his truck to haul something big, I think two things:

1) Damn, I wish I had a Blazer.

2) Damn, I wish he had a minivan instead, so I didn't have to lift this big heavy [whatever] three feet into the air to put it in the truck!

Got the truck covered, work truck is an F250. You almost sold me on the "Mini-van" but I have to drive with the hood of my sweatshirt pulled up tight, like those people being led into the courthouse trying to aviod getting their picture taken.:icon_bigg

In my neck of the woods SUV's are way more prevalent than Mini-vans for the socker moms. Mini-vans are senior citizen haulers now. How about waiting until fall when the new BMW X5 comes out, or you could buy a seriously cool 530xiT from me. Black Saphire metalic over auburn leather, nav, sport pkg, premium pkg, heated seats, PDC....

Just wait the mods will be all over me for not registering as a vendor.

Whatever you do,do not buy BMW from him /\ :icon_tong:icon_tong

Instead buy Odyssey Touring NAV+DVD from me :icon_tong Memory seat, power add pedals, back up sensors, auto day/night mirror, heated leather sets, fog lights, 6 CD, voice activated NAV and up to 28 miles per gallon on a highway with 250 horses, what more can you ask for. O yes you can have it for about $37,000- beat that Mr. BMW :lol:

http://www.northtexasautoleasing.com/home/odyssey_2005.jpg

TEH HONDA FOR A WIN

Whatever you do,do not buy BMW from him /\ :icon_tong:icon_tong

Instead buy Odyssey Touring NAV+DVD from me :icon_tong Memory seat, power add pedals, back up sensors, auto day/night mirror, heated leather sets, fog lights, 6 CD, voice activated NAV and up to 28 miles per gallon on a highway with 250 horses, what more can you ask for. O yes you can have it for about $37,000- beat that Mr. BMW :lol:

http://www.northtexasautoleasing.com/home/odyssey_2005.jpg

TEH HONDA FOR A WIN

Well for starters the BMW is not the vehicle of choice for geriatric geezers. My wife's grandparents have one, need I say more. Features wise I have everything you mentioned, except the DVD (which I can add). I do not know if your van is Blue Tooth compatible but my wagon is, we also have BMW assist (similar to GM's OnStar). The 530xiT also has all wheel drive, which your wrong wheel drive bus doesn't have.

Add to that a beautiful 3.0L inline six that makes 255hp, has variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust as well as infinitely variable valve lift. While we're on the subject of motors I will point out that the new N52 is one of the international engine of the year winners, having won the 3.0L class. We also achieve a stated 27mpg on the highway, but our customers have observed closer to 29-30.

Besides the inherent primary ballance and extremely flexible torque curve offered by the inline vs. vee layout, we also have two less camshafts and a more simple and reliable timing chain. Your Honda uses a belt, that will have to be replaced and it will be expensive when you have to. My wagon also uses a six speed automatic transmission and I can get a six speed manual, and unlike Honda, BMW's transmission supplier gives us one that doesn't crap out every 45-50k. While we're on maintinence all BMW's come with 4 years or 50,000 miles of free maintinence. That is not just oil changes, but rotors and pads, belts, hoses, bulbs, windshield wiper blades, as well as major inspections like the 30k just to name a few. That is good at any BMW dealer nation wide.

Then we can have a discussion about handling, and braking. I have driven both types of vehicles extensively and there is no comparison, the Honda handles like well... a front wheel drive geezermobile. The BMW handles like a... proper sport sedan should with strong acceleration, nimble directional changes, stable cornering, and exceptional braking. While the geezermobile may be had for $37,000, ask yourself do you want to spend that on a van? I would point out that the 530xiT I have in stock is $61,000, which is no small sum of money, but a monthly payment on that van will be around $740/month. Hell, with BMW's ridiculous residual rates and money factors I could probably work out a very good lease not too far off that.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it you swine Honda dealer. Ha Ha Ha.

Since you don't liek the Tribeca, I would recommend the Toyota Highlander, if you don't want another MDX. I believe you already have one of the best crossover family haulers in that price range. If you trade it in for another MDX, you would avoid the tranny problem, have a nice ride, and have something you are already familiar w/. If none of this works, go for the Highlander, like I mentioned, or even take a look at the new RAV4. And if you want to splurge, and don't mind the gas mileage, get a Toyota Sequoia.

Since you don't liek the Tribeca, I would recommend the Toyota Highlander, if you don't want another MDX. I believe you already have one of the best crossover family haulers in that price range. If you trade it in for another MDX, you would avoid the tranny problem, have a nice ride, and have something you are already familiar w/. If none of this works, go for the Highlander, like I mentioned, or even take a look at the new RAV4. And if you want to splurge, and don't mind the gas mileage, get a Toyota Sequoia.

The new RAV4 was nice. Saw it at the autoshow. I had to look up the specs on it. It is almost as big as the highlander. Some of the legroom specs and such are ROOMIER than the highlander. It's less expensive, more powerful, Nicer interior, and more ground clearance than the Highlander for almost the same size.

I never thought the Highlander was a good buy. The Tribeca more than spanks that as an SUV. The new RAV4 is definitely a value proposition.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it is a SUV you MUST have.......think Infiniti QX56;)

Wifey had one over the weekend, I was impressed.....If you get one with a few miles on it 10-15k they can be had for less than 45k!

Much better all around vehicle than the Toyota LC.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

If it is a SUV you MUST have.......think Infiniti QX56;)

Wifey had one over the weekend, I was impressed.....If you get one with a few miles on it 10-15k they can be had for less than 45k!

Much better all around vehicle than the Toyota LC.

We had one as a loaner a while back, but I've heard they ahven't exactly been stellar in the reliability area. But it is a really good value for what you get as far as equipment. You can get brand new for around 45k right now. They have leftover 05s at the dealership that our Infiniti is serviced at....

Including Nav & DVD?

If so what is the name of the dealership?

I have found a 05 with 8200 miles... every avail option for 43,500.

No engine mods for this vehicle

** 72mo/100k ext warranty is 1972.00...50 ded***

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived