LegacyGT.com

Car dealers in Colorado

odie1

Hopefully next week i'll be shopping for the New 05 outback xt ltd, but wondering about dealers here, is it possable to deal with Elway's no haggle price like can i talk them down to dealer invoice price?? Also how good is Flatirons Subaru? I live in Arvada, Co so i'm either going to Elway west or Flatirons to look..So i'm asking any Co. subie owner on there experence..Thanks..

I bought my Outback XT (non-limited manual) at $50 over invoice at Silverthorne Automotive up in Summit County (they most likely made some money on my trade-in). However, first I ran a car auction at: [url]https://www.mycar.com/new_cars/new_car_auction/default.asp[/url] For $20 they send your "auction" request to the 10 closest subaru dealers and let them bid on your request over a 7 day period. The lowest bid I got was up in Ft. Collins at $385 over invoice, however that was a bit far for me to go. I took the auction printout into the Silverthorne dealer where I live and they said they would beat it and offered me $350 over invoice. Once my trade-in negotiation was done, it ended up being dropped to $50 over invoice (they got their money on my tradein?). In the end it was well worth the $20 to skip much of the haggling process and start out at a price you like (still had to haggle my trade-in). I also used the same website for my father-in-laws purchase of a 2004 Subaru Outback, but in the end Silverthorne Automotive had a better closeout sticker price than I got from that auction (I believe the Aurora Subaru dealer had the best price in that auction at $5000 under MSRP ... got it in Silverthorne for $6000 under MSRP). In any event, you can definitely do better than John Elway's no haggle price elsewhere and probably even at John Elway. I test drove at John Elway Subuaru in Golden and asked the guy if there was any room for negotation and he actually told me that if I came in with a better price off the web (Autobytel, etc.), they'd match it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Got my 05 XT Ltd outback last Fri. went to my credit union last week to get pre qualified for a loan, the loan officer told me about there auto broker there who get cars, wanted to know if i wanted to talk to him i said sure, told him what i wanted and test drove my trade in and finding out what higher price i would get for it, called me the next day told me they found the car i was looking for and what i would get for the trade in(which was at KBB trade-in value) so the auto broker went to Burt Subaru to pick my car and brought to the credit union where i test drove it which was everything i would of expected. Also had the paper work there, so got the car $500. above invoice, also going thru the CU did'nt have to pay the dealer's handling charge, just the price of car and tax also $20.paper work fee. Color of the car is the two tone silver, today had the windows tinted..So gt_ltd you ask about tinting near I-36 you might try SunFree window tinting located 6951 N Broadway, they used to be located in Arvada but move there, they tinted my trade-in vehicle about 3yrs ago and did a good job, so i went back to them, they now use Diamond window tints..they also put on a clear bra on the car too..So check them out..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I live in Lakewood and I'm looking to purchase a base Legacy in December. I have taken test drives at Shortline in Aurora and Elway in Golden. The Shortline sales guys seemed decent, but the hole drilling... that's just wrong. Shortline claims they add a clear UV coating to the paint and now they are putting small racing stripes down the side of all of their cars. Talked to a guy at Elway and confirmed that they will price match - which is great as they are the closest location to my workplace. Guess it's a matter of contacting all of the dealers and have them try to beat each other. Looking to hear good and bad dealership experiences you guys have had with Colorado dealers.

[size=2]My wife and I bought our 02 Outback wagon from Burt -we live about 3 miles from there-But when we were shopping around for our 05 Legacy GT wagon they were JACKASSES!! plus there service shop is up and down sometimes they are nice and sometimes they are jerks. Well I had a V.I.P deal Through IMBA -International Mountaining Bicycling Association- which is dealer cost and they seemed liked they were not interested at all with dealing with the so called "paper work" so I spoke to a guy at John Elway a few times, told him the deal I had thought we had everything worked out and when I went in to buy they were like "well we have to charge you this and this " so I walked. Spoke to Mike Shaw on the phone and they said they would beat anybodies price by $200. even though they are a good distance from our house I went there and bought the car and the salesman - Scott McDonald - told me whatever else I needed he would sale me at dealer cost. Super cool guy. Talked to others also got poor service. [/size]

I have heard alot of good stuff about them that's one of the reasons why I drove all the way out there, my wife and I live in Littleton so it's a good drive from our house. Burt has really been a disappointment and they are only about 3 or 4 miles from our house. I also was told that Mike Shaw does alot of performance mods so that helped too. Scott is a good guy.

• 3 weeks later...
Funny, I drove from Denver down to the Springs to buy my Outback XT from Heuberger. I sent e-mails to all the different colorado dealerships and let them fight for the best price and Heuberger gave me the best deal by about $500. I bought it from Gary Clark in the Fleet and Internet department and was very happy with the purchase. There were no extra fees added on or anything.

Archived