LegacyGT.com

Foggy Windshield

Question.......The left (driver side) lower corner of the inside of my wind shield fogs up everytime i drive when its a little cooler out......It almost seems like there is warm air seeping through the dash some where on the left side but i cant feel anything!.......what can i do about it? has anyone else had this problem?:confused::icon_tong ............its definitley not from my breath or the vents.:icon_tong

oh and i live in san diego so its never that cold and the only time i have to use my defrost is when this happens....when i turn the defrost off it comes back shortly.......thanks in advance for the input

what about moisture in your car? NOt familiar with your weather, but if I get into my car on a cooler day with the windows closed the windows will fog up. did your carpets get wet at some point? perhaps that could be a cause.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

No i havnt spilt anything yet..lol...and i know what you're talking about when you get in your car sometimes and it gets fogged up but its not that....it just keeps happening in the same area and its really annoying...........this may be a pety complaint but the car is brand new (got it in nov 05').(although im not complaining, just looking for a solution to an annoying reaccurance.)...is it maybe a space in the dash thats allowing air to pass up towards the windshield therefore fogging it up? is there a way to fill the gap?.....am i being a baby? lol...wahhhwahhh....The foggy windshield is getting the best of me!!!!!!! ty D

stupid question, but do you leave the defroster on all the time? how about the circulation button? if that's set to let fresh air and and it's blowing on your window, depending on what temp it's at, perhaps that could be a cause? (grasping).

maybe your just a heavy breather:icon_tong

Oh, and by the way, snap out of it Mary!!! it's just a little fog! don't let it get the best of you! take it back to the dealership.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the Subaru engineers made the heating system default to bringing in air from the outside when you turn the car on (it does on mine at least). It's stupid, because if the temp/humidity is the right combination, you'll get some fogginess on the windshield. It's supposed to be closed by default until you decide to change the circulation.

Just change the circulation setting so that no air is coming in from the outside. You could also put the defrost function on very low (with A/C) and this will keep the air dry enough that the fog doesn't happen.

Archived