LegacyGT.com

ipod integration with factory mcintosh head unit, yeah boy!

elarbee

Is it possible to use the mcintosh system in the US spec cars? Even it that means swapping the facia out, too???

Anybody know what would be involved? I love the look of your head unit better, too!

I'd guess it doesn't fit. LHD and RHD Legacies have different dash panels (one is tilted to the left and the other one to the right). Legacy 06 Facias and radios aren't symmetric.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has anyone noticed that the new liberties are coming with an auxilary jack for $145 installed

http://subaru.com.au/explore/liberty/accessories.asp?body=Wagon&grade=2%2E5GT+spec%2EB

anyone know if it can be retro-fitted to myo4 and my05 mac head units?

No.

There was a thread discussing this a here a couple of weeks ago.

The new radios have another few pins implemented for the aux-in function. You'd have to swap your head unit over to one of the new ones, and also add a few more wires which are missing from your loom.

• 6 months later...

I have noted some people note an aux input also on the clarion 1251b interface. I have had my eye on a tomtom910 as a satnav with the added advantage of phone bluetooth and mp3. comes with small ear phone type plug for plugging into car sound systems, not the mcintosh. Any comments? esp from those with the interface in place.

greenie

• 2 years later...
OK, i need to resurrect this one. I found an EA1251 after much searching through car audio installers in Melbourne and had it fitted. Y adapter is not required as the McIntosh unit has an extra changer control. Connected up my new iPod nano and works perfect except it doesn't charge the iPod. It comes up with a message on the bottom "charging not supported with this unit". Has anyone else had this? could the installer left something unplugged?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
Reviving an old thread, but another possibility is the DMC-20198, made by M.Costa. I've tested this on my subaru Mc headunit-- it takes advantage of the 13-pin Ce-NET input in the back, and allows for aux in, bluetooth streaming, and USB/SD mp3s and USB driven charging. The unit has versions for lots of different brands, and the one for the Clarion/McIntosh that's used by Subaru works well (and is a lot louder than the standard M. Costa iPod cable that a lot of people have used in the past)

Archived