LegacyGT.com

clutch went bad at 20k miles

just wanted to let everyone know my clutch was fried after 20k miles...i had no idea this was such a prevalent thing with the legacy until i checked today.

and even though i got the car back to normal, theres still a slight stink when i am going through stop and go traffic (i do rest my foot on dead pedal btw)...but apparently just the constant switching from 1-2 back to 1 makes it stink.

is the stink indicative of more wear than normal? i want to figure how to make this clutch last...i have the extended warranty so hopefully it will be a nonissue, but this is so strange to me..i had a honda before, and changed the clutch twice in 10 years (>150k)

21K and my clutch slipped, then shuddered a week ago. Not a hard launch, but normal acceleration onto a highway in the rain. I rarely drive the car hard....certainly nothing to indicate faster wear on the clutch.

What, exactly, do you mean your clutch went bad? How is it then you've got it back to normal?

well it went bad meaning, it was excessively worn and when i took it in, they changed it under warranty. interestingly, they changed the flywheel as well.

i first noticed it when i was in traffic (~40-50 mph), and when I went to 4th to pass someone in front of me, nothing but the rpms moved, until it hit about 5k then it sloooowly accelerated. pretty scary when you are trying to pass.

Clutch replaced on mine at 7300 miles. I've been babying the new one and still get stink pretty bad in snow and expect this one will go as well hopefully under warranty again as there is nothing in the after market that interests me and I don't really want to void my warranty.

Archived