LegacyGT.com

Annoying Rattles and Shakes in Interior, Other Annoyances

mtnsubie

My '05 Legacy is only 9 months old and I've got 2-3 areas of little rattling sounds. Both doors and the dash rattle on even very mild bumps.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm starting to see little problems here and there with this car. I could take it to the dealer but I hear bad stories about the service at Steven's Creek Subaru in San Jose. These problems shouldn't be happening with a car as young as this.

I also don't like the dual climate control. Its really a useless feature in my mind. As soon as the air from both vents comes out, its all in the same shared space and the temps counteract each other. It makes it more hassle to have to adjust two dials every time I want to adjust the temp.

The "Auto" feature on the climate control keeps coming on when I don't want it to. This means the A/C kicks in unnecessarily, forcing me to keep an eye on it. Having the A/C on means the compressor comes in, straining the underpowered single-cam engine and wasting gas. Ridiculous feature!

I sometimes regret not having researched this vehicle more. I never had these problems with the three Toyotas I owned previously.

Take it easy junior don't get too many bad impressions too quick, just read the dual climate control FAQ at the top of the page, it should give you a little bit of a run down on it. I agree it is a hassle to turn two knobs. I wish Subaru would have integrated in a button so that you can make the driver side knob the main for both sides, basically a dual zone on and off mode. The auto mode can be turned off it isn't always on.

I've had a few rattles here and there but for the most part it seems pretty tight, there is a walkthrough for fixing a dash rattle in the forum somewhere. I get some rattles in the B pillar and some slight ones on the front dash. Overall they are quite mild.

If the A/C light is on, that means its activated. And yes, the compressor comes on as soon as the indicator does, but does turn off after the desired temp is reached.

But my complaint is that it turns on when I don't have it set to "Auto", it chooses that mode in its on. When the compressor kicks in, you can really feel the drag is produces on the motor.

My experience with the climate control is that when you press the "auto" button, you give the computer control of all aspects of the climate control system, as it attempts to match the inside temperature to the set desired temperature.

As soon as you press any of the buttons to manually change the climate control, the "auto" light will go off, as the computer loses the ability to control the feature you just manually adjusted, but will continue to automatically control every other aspect you have not manually adjusted since the last time you hit "auto"

Basically, what I'm saying is, hit the "auto" button, then when the A/C comes on, hit the A/C button to turn it off and it won't come on again till you hit the "auto" or A/C buttons again.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

Archived