LegacyGT.com

JD Power and Associates dependability ranking

^^^

You did!! Your post was ranked high in initial quality, but sadly only in the middle in overall quality. It did good for observed quality and also not bad for total quality. You might need to work on long-term quality and perceived quality.

When I saw my local phone company had won an award from JD Power & Associates for customer service, I pretty much scratched them from any type of competent publication. Hell I think I might have just won a JD Power award for this post.:rolleyes:

JD Power reports on customer serveys that are returned.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

JD Power reports on customer serveys that are returned.

:lol: Only the people pissed enough would reply, skewing the results. Don't GM and Ford sell a lot of their cars to their own employees and these employees and ex-employees probably make sure they fill those surveys positively.

I do agree that American reliability is not the problem. Its the little things that make consumers cringe. Like GM executives saying rollover protection is not that important in real life situations, OR selling cars that use the same light for both brake and signal in the rear (why?), OR passing the IIHS test only with OPTIONAL airbags wtf. Just little niggly things that well informed consumers would be turned off by. Its sad :(

JD Power is a fraud. It takes money for its "consulting services". You don't pay... you don't get a good score. They also allow their name to be used in advertising

Consumer Reports is a much better source. It's for the people... by the people. And they don't allow their name to be whored out either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Screw what the rankings say, my parents have have had fewer problems with both of their Subarus combined (01' Forrester, '02 Outback), than I've had with my GA.

I get supplier discount through work but will NOT be buying another GM anytime soon.

Only problems we've had with our Legacy are the be expected for a car it's age. Knock senser and cat have both been replaced. Other than that, just usual maintenance.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I don't know about that - I'm a Consumer Reports subscriber and fill out my surveys every year. I complained about my Ford Probe (rattles and squeaks, and limp hatchback struts) and about my current VW Passat (no rattles just little things like a fried ECU, broken Timing belt, expensive brake repair, leaks of various engine fluids etc... The Passat is a much more substantial car than the Probe was - more fun to drive and the interior materials were top notch for the class its in... and I love how it rides and drives but I don't think I'm any more critical of it than I was of the Probe - I limited my issues to the actual problem areas on both cars. I didn't cut the Ford more slack because it was a Ford and I didn't go harder on the Passat. I think most people simply report the problems they encounter.

I hear the "Consumer Reports" is skewed comment every now and then and I think that it would be difficult to prove. Even if someone were to obtain a truely random sample and compare those results to the results of a self selected sample (i.e. subscribers) I would bet the results of the two samples would be nearly identical especially given the size of the dataset Consumer Reports ends up using. My background is in market research and I've observed that once you get a couple hundred responses even from a less than perfect sample you generally have some pretty representative data that should allow you to feel confident they are accurate.

^^^

You did!! Your post was ranked high in initial quality, but sadly only in the middle in overall quality. It did good for observed quality and also not bad for total quality. You might need to work on long-term quality and perceived quality.

:lol:

This is like JD & Power ranking Consumer Reports for worst reliablity ratings.

:lol::lol:

Archived