LegacyGT.com

Explored using the pass-through for a sub.

Deer Killer

[quote name='Th3Franz']I'm thinking about having a sub firing upwards toward the rear deck.. not sure yet though.[/quote] I can't make it work in my head.. Maybe just opening up that sub hole will let enough bass through.. or it could just rattle the f*** out of the rear deck.. If you have thoughts, make a diagram..

Yeah, the folded down armrest sure don't look too pretty. I'm thinking of opening the subwoofer hole in the rear shelf and putting a grille over it. The sub will still be in a small sealed box firing back into the rear of the trunk. That should work out just fine.

Guest *Jedimaster*
What about some of you guys that want to remove your third brakelight in favor of the one on the spoiler? Could something be put in that space?

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']What about some of you guys that want to remove your third brakelight in favor of the one on the spoiler? Could something be put in that space?[/quote] omg I bet you could fit a sub there!!!!11[/quote] OMG!!1 I'd rather have the stock sub than that!!1 I needs me da blang blang!!!!11111

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='Subaguru']a rearward firing sub up against the back seat w/ the pass through opened when playing it, would provide plenty of thump.[/quote] Doesn't make that pass through any prettier when open...[/quote] what about installing a port behind the armrest? Wouldn't be as ugly as pulling the whole thing down. Only problem is acoustical engineering... wouldn't be able to tell you the proper dimensions on a port, or what kind of tuned port to invest in. Just a thought..

[quote name='Subaguru'][quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='Subaguru']a rearward firing sub up against the back seat w/ the pass through opened when playing it, would provide plenty of thump.[/quote] Doesn't make that pass through any prettier when open...[/quote] what about installing a port behind the armrest? Wouldn't be as ugly as pulling the whole thing down. Only problem is acoustical engineering... wouldn't be able to tell you the proper dimensions on a port, or what kind of tuned port to invest in. Just a thought..[/quote] If you want a bandpass box, this will work fine. You can pull the port out of a bandpass box by an inch or so, just add something of equal volume pi*r^2*1 inch, etc, inside the chamber. I'm really tired of bandpass though. I want something clean and deep.

Archived