LegacyGT.com

Trip to the Dragon March 11th

NC2.5i

Alot of people are planning a trip to the Tail of the Dragon in Deal's Gap Tennessee on March 11th. This is a great opportunity to meet car enthusiasts from the region. Here is the info straight from the organizer about it.

PLEASE REFER TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE FOR DETAILS

http://www.wncrides.com/dragontrip.html

If you have any questions or for an email of the directions, please email me at eric@wncrides.com

Also, post any questions or any information you need here as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free bump...

12 hours from Iowa? what part? i made it to NW Iowa from Western NC in 22 hours

22 hours....I can get to Florida in 20!! I live in the Quad Cities, where I80 and I74 come together along the Mississippi. It would take me about 4-5 hours to get to the NW corner of Iowa, so not sure about the 5-6 hour difference. Maybe you took a different way. Anyway, have fun on the Dragon and be safe. A guy was killed(on a bike) the weekend I was there...scary!!! Oh and stay on your side of the yellow lines...scares the hell out of us bikers!! :-)

Free bump...

22 hours....I can get to Florida in 20!! I live in the Quad Cities, where I80 and I74 come together along the Mississippi. It would take me about 4-5 hours to get to the NW corner of Iowa, so not sure about the 5-6 hour difference. Maybe you took a different way. Anyway, have fun on the Dragon and be safe. A guy was killed(on a bike) the weekend I was there...scary!!! Oh and stay on your side of the yellow lines...scares the hell out of us bikers!! :-)

keep your head and knees on your side of the yellow line!! scares the hell out of us car drivers!! :D i about took off some dude's head in June last year b/c of that.

Kenda:dm:

Free bump...

well it was in a 15 passenger van with my dad driving. we also went north through kentucky to indiana, illinois, wisconsin, then decorah

i believe it will be an overnight thing. I am not sure about a group from the triangle. There may be some guys from clubrsx in the triangle area going but i am not sure right now. I will not be in Raleigh at the time because it is spring break. there will be more details to come but you can email the event organizer at eric@wncrides.com for more info. he knows alot more than me about what is going on

keep your head and knees on your side of the yellow line!! scares the hell out of us car drivers!! :D i about took off some dude's head in June last year b/c of that.

Were you there for the Subaru rally? Thats when I was there and it was a subaru that about hit me. They came over the yellows. :-)

Were you there for the Subaru rally? Thats when I was there and it was a subaru that about hit me. They came over the yellows. :-)

i was there the first wknd of June last wknd. I think Susuki was having ther event there also and some dude was in a full lean coming aorund a corner. His bike was on his side of the road, but his head and knees were on my side of the road. it was scary!

Do they block off the road at all to oncoming traffic? I have always wondered that. I don't think I will be in town. If you do the rain date, then I might be game. Thanks for the info!

Chris

No, it is a two lane (one each way) and they never block the road. I think there has only been one or two times they have and it was for movie stuff. This is a public road..highway actually. It can be very dangerous if you push your car/bike too hard. I know of people that have died up there (most of them on bikes). It is a lot of fun and I go up there a couple times a month since I live fairly close, but for those that do not know the road, it is fun, but as you will read in the site, the dragon does bite!!!!

I will be there!!!!!!!

Archived