LegacyGT.com

Are you guys satisfied with the amount of wheel gap?

SC GT

From looking at pictures and seeing them in person, I don't think the Leg GT wheel gap is ugly at all. It is fairly even. If I were to lower one, I would do a very minor drop, like a Tein High.Tech rather than an S.Tech. But then again, a drop might not be [i]necessary[/i] at all. What do you guys think?

I think the wheel gap is actually pretty good. Sure, for looks it could be a bit lower, but in my case in the Northeast I need all the wheel gap I can due to weather and lovely potholes/bumps come spring time. Now, if you want to see a car with BAD wheel gap, take a look at the Nissan Altimas.

I feel it sits very nice, great stance. I may throw some STi/SPT springs in there in the next year or two to increase handling somewhat, but that should change the wheel gap little (.5-1" max.) It's pretty tite! :D

Lower always looks better but then as you know there are negatives too. I wouldn't bother - the ride on the GT (at least in Oz) is hard enough and yet handles like a dream. Time for another spin around the town.....

Its better then a WRX for sure, but still a little to high for my tastes. I will probably get some STI springs for it once they come out. Plus I wouldn't mind stiffening up the ride just a big, the rear end gets floaty in the bumpy turns just like the WRX did. But overall I would rate the suspension just as good if not better then a stock WRX especially when it comes to ride height :) Or what would be even nicer and probably eaiser to install, a Spec B suspension, I think that would be perfect.

The wheel gap is what it is, because the suspension needs space to do what it does. As the suspension gets stiffer, the wheel gap can get smaller. But as the suspension gets stiffer, ride quality will suffer (I know...this just in). STi springs have traditionally not lowered the car very much, 1/2" at most, in the case of the WRX. Even the pink springs barely got people more than a 1/2", unless they were dumb enough to put sedan springs on a wagon, they they got the proper drop in the front, and too much drop in the rear. Now. Porsche 911s have lovely wheel gap and excellent ride quality. You can do that when the car costs $80,000. You have some money to play with as regards suspension tuning. :lol: Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Now. Porsche 911s have lovely wheel gap and excellent ride quality. You can do that when the car costs $80,000. You have some money to play with as regards suspension tuning. :lol: Kevin[/quote] Hi Kevin. What you saying here? If you have money to burn, you can lower the Sub real low and revamp the suspension to give it a good feel that doesn't break you spine? I thought some cars, like the Lambo for example, are nice and low yet not too stiff (been in one) because of the design and location of the suspension mounts, etc. Thus, there's not much we can for the Sub without sacrificing something. Or maybe it was the nice seats.

The more I look at the car the more I think it could use about a 1.2 in drop in the front and 1.0 in the rear. I got a good drop from Tein S-techs in my 8. Spring rate was about 30% stiffer than stock; coupled with sways and the ride was awesome. But I like a stiff ride and a flat cornering car. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='fan42025'][quote name='gtguy']Now. Porsche 911s have lovely wheel gap and excellent ride quality. You can do that when the car costs $80,000. You have some money to play with as regards suspension tuning. :lol: Kevin[/quote] Hi Kevin. What you saying here? If you have money to burn, you can lower the Sub real low and revamp the suspension to give it a good feel that doesn't break you spine? I thought some cars, like the Lambo for example, are nice and low yet not too stiff (been in one) because of the design and location of the suspension mounts, etc. Thus, there's not much we can for the Sub without sacrificing something. Or maybe it was the nice seats.[/quote] That's exactly what I'm saying. Typically, less-expensive suspension options can only do one thing. But sports cars are, of late, also taking into account daily drivers. The new Corvette is another example. I imagine that someone such as Prodrive will come out with a nice suspension setup for the GT. rao, who doesn't like hard-riding cars, had a Prodrive setup on a past Subaru, and loved it. He admitted that it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't hard and jittery, either, which is what you want. In the short run, although nicd has already been the Spec B suspension guinea pig, nobody has tried the pink STi springs from the JDM yet. I'm betting those won't mess up ride quality too much (hint, hint...) :D Kevin

Archived