LegacyGT.com

Wipers Just Stop ?!? WTF

Smoker324

Did a search found nada.

Today about 8 inches of the snowy stuff fell on my town. The strangest thing happens at the first stoplight. All of the snow on the roof (yes I was too lazy to remove) dives down onto the wipers -- that tried to keep up. As the snow got the better of the wipers they just up and stopped.

WTF

I pullover and remove the snow and they don't restart automatically. I turn them off and on and they ran. Happened again later in the day with less snow.

Now I know that too much weight could stop a wiper -- but as soon as it is cleared, you would think it would restart automatically.

Anyone?

the only thing I can think of is what happened to me in my old 90 Legacy L. On a really cold morning I was trying to de-ice my windshield my wipers suddenly stopped. I got out and cleared the 1/16 of ice on the blades them selves and no where else an stop and restarted the wipres and they worked till I left and got to just about my first stop and they stopped again. I later found some ice down near the moter. I asked the service department and they said that the moter can freeze in situitations like that. So maby relevant, but not sure. 3 Gen older and what not. So many changes since the very first legacy.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Had a similar issue with mine here in Oz but not because of the cold but because of the heat. It was in the high 30'sC / 100+F and it was like the wiper motor overheated and stopped. That was on an old Toyota but since then, Ive been very careful and parnoid with the windowwippers.

Ada///M.

Archived