LegacyGT.com

lover LGT with new springs

dkodyl

Check out the ION's! I have them and love them, perfect compromise between retaining a stockish ride and increasing handling performance. These were one of the few specifically designed around the USDM struts/shock valving...

I'd had my iONs on for about a week; and I think the ride retains about 80% of the stock springs.:) But I do feel the freeway joints, railroads and speed-bumps noticibly more now...(but still okay). My lowered ride hasn't caused scratching problems either.

Anyway, unless you drive often in areas that has a lot of speed bumps and rough roads, you'll be happy with the iON springs, with marginal increase in handling, minimal loss in ride quality. just my opinion... ("ride quality" is VERY subjective)

...with marginal increase in handling, minimal loss in ride quality. just my opinion... ("ride quality" is VERY subjective)

I noticed a fairly large increase in handling grip, to the tune of about 10 mph more on most curves & on/off ramps! Was this just a conservative understatement, or do you feel the ION's really only increased marginally. Sounds almost like you regret getting them....

PS Give the springs another week or so, I felt the same way about it being only about 80%, but after a couple weeks I have changed my rating on it to about 90%...

Actually I LOVE the springs; I was surprised that it retain that much ride quality! It must be my wordings that makes it not sound as exciting...:icon_tong so let me elaborate... There's definitely no regrets! The stock springs are WAY too soft for me, since I'm used to driving stiffer European cars...

I did try to turn much harder in freeway on/off ramps, and I was VERY happy that I could turns much (I agree about 10+mph) faster without breaking a sweat. And I haven't let the springs settle yet, nor have an alignment done! Last night I was exiting the freeway and making a left turn on yellow light. I didn't see the dip before the turn, so I had to brake pretty hard (no nose-dive now:) ), then release brake (to gain some spring travel for the dip), still went by dip faster than usual. The car (here's the fun part) took the dip like a Porsche (firm but easily taken)..., then the left turn was so easy that I simply step on gas for the rest of the turn...:icon_bigg

Perhaps I'll need a larger rear sway bar (I'm using stock sways) to corner flatter; but I don't think that's really necessary for me... Come to think of it..., let me rephrase... "significant gain" in handling, rather than just "marginal gain"...:icon_tong Thumbs up for iON!

I'm perfectly fine with the 80% ride quality (70% is fine too); but 90% would be good for my wife!:lol: Thanks Emundu; with iONs on for only a week, I did notice the ride's starting to get a little bit better...

I have the H techs, and they are probably the exact thing to stock ride, just lower...

Did you install the springs yourself? If not, who did and how much was it? I've done spring installs before, but without an air compressor, it's a pain.

Just got back from a shop. The guy changed the springs (Ions),

sways (Cuscos) + (Avo) endlinks, and also SS-brake lines with brake pads on Motul fluid. All parts where mine. His labor was $320. no aligment incl.

Good Guy, decent job, Sti racer, Subaru mechanic.:)

Archived