LegacyGT.com

From Knobs to Climate Control?

are you asking what it would take to change over manual to auto climate control?

I asekd the local dealer service folks that. They looked into it. Came back with " a lot."

I imagine you'd need:

1- front panel bits. Based on the cost of the cubby alone this is probably steep.

2- Wiring harness.

3- New ac control module to replace dual zone module since, for those of you who don't know, the knobs and display is just the interface to a remote box that controls tha A/C system.

4- Labor to hook all tha stuff up.

meh, climate control is over rated. my current car's got it but i'm not nearly as impressed as i thought i would be.

beee quiet you.. you're ruining my chances of getting full manual a/c swap ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

beee quiet you.. you're ruining my chances of getting full manual a/c swap ;)

ooohh did you say cliiimmaaate control, oh well in that case yeah it rocks harder than two day old shiznit! you should get it asap :p

The ACC in the LGT is the worst I've had (out of 5 or 6). For many of us, manual control of the ACC is required for sane operation, so don't be in too much of a hurry to put one in.

Search the threads here for more info.

Cheers,

kenzo

my auto climate control has knobs, too, though. :confused:

don't complain - the SVX auto climate control decides where to blow the air for you - heat on feet, AC up above. period! you cannot get heat from the upper vents, or AC on the lower ones. the LGT auto climate control is an improvement over the SVX for me.

i usually run it in manual mode anyway - it always starts out with heat on the feet and i hate that. after a few minutes of the car warming up, i usually just shut it off.

I love my auto climate. I almost always run it on auto, with the exception that I manually turn off AC when it is under 50 degrees outside (I dont think the AC will run when it might freeze anyway, but just in case....). I leave it on 70 and I honestly haven't touched it in months.

Heat rises, it should come from the floor......... It will eventually swtich to dash vents anyway. Of course, it is great that it has the manual override in any event so everybody can be happy. I wouldn't give up my ACC...........:icon_bigg

NEVER= the number of times that I use the "auto" climate control. It has no clue how cold to make the AC, or how warm to make your car this time of year!!:( It just blows a crap load of air really hard until it thinks it hit the magic temp.!! Then it cuts down, then it blows really hard again, and then if you're driving on a shady stretch of road, it stops blowing cold air at all!!!:icon_mad: Best to use manual IMO. I guess it looks nice though, that's about it.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Just wrap a large rubber band between the Driver's climate control knob and the Passenger's Climate control knob.

What he sed. This would prob. be better than the auto climate as it stands now. Just get a matching color rubber band to go w/interior or get really fancy and buy one of those hair elastics that girls wear.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived