LegacyGT.com

Why no aftermarket support for N/A Legacy's?

Why no cat-backs or intakes etc for the non-turbo cars? N/A Impreza's have almost as many choices as the WRX and STi's. I know that nobody can really answer this question, more of a vent. Hopefully things will come around in the future. If anyone has contacts at the smaller companies (Cobb, etc) lets get a push for products for our cars and maybe the big guys (Borla, Stroumg, etc) will follow.

Tolly

06 2.5i Special Edition

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Why no cat-backs or intakes etc for the non-turbo cars? N/A Impreza's have almost as many choices as the WRX and STi's. I know that nobody can really answer this question, more of a vent. Hopefully things will come around in the future. If anyone has contacts at the smaller companies (Cobb, etc) lets get a push for products for our cars and maybe the big guys (Borla, Stroumg, etc) will follow.

Tolly

06 2.5i Special Edition

Your question's answer is supply and demand and what car is targeted to what crowd. Do a little more research and you'll find your answer.

You should of done more research before buying this car if you want to upgrade it. But you should know that most Subaru parts are interchangeable and may or may not work with models.

I"m not trying to turn this car into a race car. I'd just like a good quality bolt on catback or even axle back to bring out the great boxer sound, and not hack up my brand new car. Is that too much to ask??

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

You DO know that the GT axlebacks WILL bolt up...right?

As far as no support, look for products made for the Impreza 2.5RS, those should work. As far as intakes, if you're willing to do a little work, check out the put-together unit that a member here made. Search for it and it'll come up. It's really not too bad, but I understand what you're saying, being a fellow 2.5i owner. I actually wanted to mod, but couldn't afford the GT, so I went w/ a 2.5i. I could have afforded a WRX though, but went for the nicer looking car.:)

I too went with the Legacy over the WRX for looks and room. Intake isnt a big deal, i'm more interested in exhaust and suspension (springs and sway bars which i've found). Anyone have the Prodrive Mufflers or have any other suggestions on Axle backs for the GT that will work?

Thanks

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

borla makes a cat back for the n/a

and k&n makes a typhoon intake for the n/a

they are both for the 05 but it should work

for the 06 as well.

Got part #s everything i see on Borla and K&N's websites are for GTs.

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

trohler - FYI, we have springs specific for the 2.5i; which is further broken down to wagon & sedan, as well as manual/auto tranny versions.

We also have our equal-length header system available for the 2.5i as well :)

Equal length headers? Could you give us more details, pricing, availability, PICS? This would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

NALegacy - yes 4-2-1 equal-length headers. You'll have to match them with our highflow cat section. Made of full T304SS mandrel bends, flanges etc. Pricing for the header is $799US+shipping; the highflow cat section we make utilizes a 100cell metallic core which is $449US+shipping.

All of our exhaust components are made to order.

NALegacy - yes 4-2-1 equal-length headers. You'll have to match them with our highflow cat section. Made of full T304SS mandrel bends, flanges etc. Pricing for the header is $799US+shipping; the highflow cat section we make utilizes a 100cell metallic core which is $449US+shipping.

All of our exhaust components are made to order.

How come we have to match the headers w/ the high flow cat. section? Will they not bolt up to the stock cat/mid pipe section? If they don't, how bout other aftermarket high flow cats? It would kinda suck if there is no flexibility as far as cat. options, etc. But keep us updated. Thanks.

NALegacy - We haven't had an opportunity to install our header alone on the 2.5i; we have however fitted it with our highflow cat section. Other aftermarket cats have different fitment tolerances, we cannot guarantee 100% that their components would fit properly. ie: random tech cats have really large "holes" on their flanges to allow for a very sloppy fit.

NALegacy - We haven't had an opportunity to install our header alone on the 2.5i; we have however fitted it with our highflow cat section. Other aftermarket cats have different fitment tolerances, we cannot guarantee 100% that their components would fit properly. ie: random tech cats have really large "holes" on their flanges to allow for a very sloppy fit.

ah ok. I thought your flanges were unique in that they only slipped into your own inhouse high flow cat. or something. That's reasonable. You're just saying that you personally haven't fitted them w/ other components. Do you believe that I would have any trouble if I bolted it up to the stock cat. for now? I'm on a budget here mayn! :lol:

Anyone have just and axle back on an NA car yet. If so what and sound clips would be great. Out of the axle backs i've found i'm leaning towards either the Cobb or Prodrive. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Archived