LegacyGT.com

LGT stuff installed

It's snug. I'll update the pics soon.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Yep. and you could probably extend them a bit further.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 2 months later...
Given that I used the mufflers from a sedan, I'd assume there'd be no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lookin' good (except now your car looks dirty). Heh. I used to think that dual exit exhaust was a gimmick for small engines like our 2.5L 4cyl. I suppose part of the reason is visual and the other part is a more free flowing exhaust while keeping noise down. Having seen what the new cars look like nowadays it looks much better than one tailpipe. I'll stick with my stock mufflers and added tips, seems like a lot of work for just aesthetics but at least yours is different than the rest.

Lookin' good (except now your car looks dirty). Heh. I used to think that dual exit exhaust was a gimmick for small engines like our 2.5L 4cyl. I suppose part of the reason is visual and the other part is a more free flowing exhaust while keeping noise down. Having seen what the new cars look like nowadays it looks much better than one tailpipe. I'll stick with my stock mufflers and added tips, seems like a lot of work for just aesthetics but at least yours is different than the rest.

Yeahh thats the main reason I do little nick nacks like this on tmy 2.5i, just to be unique :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

What tips did you add. I was thinking about welding a 45 on mine then adding tips. Don't know how that would look though. Thanks

• 1 year later...

So I asked around the shop and met someone who had a LGT sedan stock exhaust to sell. Tempting....

I bought it and read this thread over and over again, to convince myself that this would be my solution to a very mean/nasty snarly exhaust without any catback.

Wife was less and less amused with the sound for road trips, otherwise I woulda kept it w/o catback and magnaflow cans.

Anyways, thanks to all the posters here, and some magic at the dealership! I have the LGT cans, and mid/y, connected to a Perrin 3" downpipe.

They do touch for now, but I'm going to install some longer hangers this evening once the car cools off.

Was even able to sneak a Rallitek rear sway in there, unfortunately the kartboy endlinks not so much

Minus a set of longer hangers, I'm thrilled!!!

Price for the dealership to sell me stock mid/y/mufflers - $1000+

Price for the LGT stock exhaust - $150

Trim bumper, longer hangers - next to nothing

A few hours of labor - PRICELESS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/tedgerto/2011-07-15_16-36-01_516.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/tedgerto/2011-07-15_16-35-56_868.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/tedgerto/2011-07-15_16-35-52_295.jpg

talk about low-pro

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/tedgerto/2011-07-15_16-36-10_345.jpg

Mine currently touch, without issues. Maybe just a little extra sound enters the cabin.

I extended my tips as stated somewhere above in this thread, which besides looking a bit better cosmetically, lets air flow between the exhaust & the shell, decreasing the chance of melting plastic.

Archived