LegacyGT.com

Searched - Wind noise from windshield area?

I think it varies greatly from dealer to dealer. One local service manager siad he didn't hear anything unusual; the service writer at SOJAX immediately heard the noise & wrote it up w/out question, and would have had it done the next day if I could have fit it in my schedule.

Likely Audi dealers may be the same, varying greatly. Then please remember that Audis don't seem to be as reliable (actual problems that keep the car fron running) over the long term & repairs are big $$$$.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I just got back from test driving another Legacy, just like mine, but with a 2/06 build date. Mine is a 1/06 build date.

Same amount of wind noise. Of course, today, its windy as all heck again. My hands are tied because "loud or not loud" isn't the question for the techs, its "normal vs. not normal". My car seems normal, or in spec.

Have some thinking to do now. Almost makes me wish the car had engine and tire noise, at least that is constant haha.

He didn't take the headliner down. Just a simple pulling it back out of the way to stick the tube of sealant up to the the inside windshield glass. The outside rubber gasket around the windshield was never touched. No damage to the headliner and there is no tabs or anything keeping the headliner in place, you can just pull it out enough with your finger to do the job. I don't think it would be very much to get the job done yourself. Good luck.

My son lives close to you in Leesburg, so if I get up there soon I will let you listen.

Well my wind noise is back. I am going to the dealership on Monday for a noise problem in the engine bay which sound almost like a vacuum or exhaust leak, I can't believe it is a turbo sound. I will have to make arrangements to have the windshield replaced at that time also.

Archived