LegacyGT.com

Anyone install aftermarket speakers and amplifier yet??

SPR3472

I was wondering if anyone has installed new speakers in the doors w/an amplifier yet? I would like to put in some 3 way Infinity's or maybe Pioneer Premier's. I have had good experiences w/these in the past..excellent sound quality! And how you got it hard wired to the stock head unit? I had a shop tell me that it could be done pretty easily.

hehe Don't be a nazi, he's just specifying the complete accurate trim level, even though the regular versus the uber posh premium, LTD designation usually makes no difference for 99% of the questions on the forum (i.e. if you own a LTD it doesn't matter if you ask "is a Legacy STi coming to the states???!!111oneone!1!1!) -Allen

[quote name='SPR3472']OUCH! I am catchin flack already![/quote] Oh crap I forgot to actually answer your question too: "I don't know, I don't think anyone on the forum has yet" -Allen

I recently had Focal Poly-K's installed in front and back, with a JL Audio amp mounted in the eps storage bin above the spare tire, check the thread: [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=1893[/url] I've put a couple of weeks into it now and I'm feeling happier than I was with the stock gear, but I won't be truly happy until I can put in a decent deck. If/when SOA offers a replacement console with a DIN slot I'll be at the front of the line, that's for sure. I've been asked about heat created by the amp in such a confined space, but so far I've experienced no problems whatsoever. This includes numerous 4+ hour road trips with the music blasting. The eps tray hasn't melted nor has the amp cut out. I can't really give any details about the install because I had my local shop do all the work, but they seemed to think it was a pretty straight forward upgrade for the most part. Hope that helps, Andy

CDT CL62 6.5" 2-Way High Performance Stamped 6.5" Woofer Crossover: SatNat-456 "Phase Perfect" Elliptic 4th order 2-Way Tweeter: TW-25 1" silk soft dome Power Handling: 150 watt RMS Frequency Response: 60-20kHz Sensitivity: 92.3 dB Impedance: 4Ohm Surface & Flush mount tweeter MSRP $349.00 It's 2 7/8" deep for mounting though and that's my main concern..

Archived