LegacyGT.com

Valeo Wipers

jc51373

Just a heads-up folks. Tire Rack has had this special off and on for the last year or so. My first purchase was 2 sets in Jan. '08. Within 3 months the mounting clip that the J-hook snaps into cracked into several pieces. Never any abuse. I just wiped the driver side off after cleaning my winshield and it just fell apart. A year later the pass. side did the same thing. I just got off the phone with a customer rep. from Tire Rack and they are aware of the problem and are in constant contact with Valeo about the issue. To date Valeo is not doing anything about it, but Tire Rack is replacing them for the customer. So far they sent me 3 blades 2-24" and 1-18". So, if this has happened to you or when it happens to you call Tire Rack for a free replacemrnt. The more feedback from the customers the more ammo they have to make Valeo do something about it.

Oh, BTW, buy 2 sets and keep one in your trunk. These clips break without notice.

Cheers!

• 11 months later...
I too, have tried many blades. Never tried Valeo. (truth is I've never heard of them). I have settled on Trico teflon. I find them to be quiet, non-streaking and long lasting. I find myself replacing them every 2 years, even though they still work fine. Rain-X washer fluid stuff is kinda cool. The shit works as advertised.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived