LegacyGT.com

parts interchange

Project84

I previously owned an '84 Camaro which had parts in common w/ the Trans Am and Firebird... I need to replace the hood, bumper cover, headlights, grille and possible fenders on my '97 Legacy GT and wanted to know if any other models used the same sized parts/interchangable parts.

any help would be appreciated, thanks you

John

so no one knows for sure?

I assumed maybe imprezza parts would transfer over since the two vehicles are similar in size.

im mostly concerned about the Legacy GT hood w/ scoop and the headlights. My bumper is in decent shape and the grille I'll find on ebay or hopefully a junkyard.

anyone have their stock parts if they've bought aftermarket?? I'll take 'em off your hands....

With very few exceptions, all 2nd gen Legacy parts will fit across all the 95-99 USDM Legacys. So, if you pick up a 99 GT hood for your car it will fit. Same with the 96 (first year for GTs)-97-98-and 99. Headlights changed over from one piece to two piece in 98 I believe, but even the one piece may still work if you have both sets.

93-97 Impreza AWD Suspension pieces will fit the 2nd Gen Leggy suspension with very minor exceptions.

Suggest you check out this Legacy Forum for additional info.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

thanks very much... do the legacy outbacks hoods fit the legacy GT's?

I just need to get to the garage where my car is and take digital pics for reference and find parts online that will fit.

you've been very helpful,

John

thanks very much... do the legacy outbacks hoods fit the legacy GT's?

I just need to get to the garage where my car is and take digital pics for reference and find parts online that will fit.

you've been very helpful,

John

Legacy and Outback model parts are interchangeable. Outback and LGT hoods have the integrated hood scoop, Brightons, Ls, LSs, and LSIs do not AFAIR. Headlamps, tail lamps and grilles are pretty consistent across the model line with minor variations. The suspension bits are interchangeable but the Outback models have longer struts/springs and I believe different mounts. The stuts I believe are the same across the Legacy version with differences in the springs. You'd want to check part numbers on this to make sure. Obviously there are interior differences to set off the different models but even these are interchangeable too.

Here's an excellent reference for good used Subaru parts

Good luck with your project.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived