LegacyGT.com

any gt owners in ct

ct03si

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm wondering about all the MT shifting problems I've been reading about on this forum. I haven't experienced any of these problems with my LGT. I've owned alot of MTs over the years (Datsun 240 & 260Zs, a Pontiac 2+2, a Celica GT, Celica Supra, a Honda Accord, a Cosworth Vega and even a Taurus MT5 station wagon) and the LGT shifts as well or better then any of them. Are these problems mostly seen from drivers with little MT experience? All MTs are different....you just have to get used to them.

Well, historically speaking it seems like everyone has car meets at hooters on the pike.

I guess w/the new Hooters in Manchester tradition could change...

I live right next to Buckland Hills... so the Manchester location is about a 1 minute drive for me. Surprisingly I haven't been there yet.

-__^

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Anybody get their auto tax bill yets.? The assessment value for this car is way too high. They think it costs about 26K to buy this car used on average. They are crazy...!!! I will be appealing this in September and need everyone to do the same to save yourself some money. Anyone in???
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Hartford here, and I'm willing to host another g2g, just needs to be on the weekends.

I bought mine back in September and I didn't get a tax bill for it at the end of December. I got one for my '04 Element and it appears Hartford has a 61.82 mil rate, bringing the yearly taxes for the Element to $936.64. They valued the Element at 14.2K, my guess is the Legacy will be twice as much bringing it to about $1900 a year. Needless to say, it was a shock since I just moved to CT and Hartford in March.

Can someone tell me why the taxes on my cars are more than the taxes on my house?

Norwich CT here. 05 GT Wagon 5MT. Owned since November of 04, put 33,000 abusive miles on the car...expecting another 166,000 abusive miles out of it...at least.

I got my tax bill as well, thank god I can claim "non-residency" (military).

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Rely18,

It's my understanding that each city/town handles their taxes differently. I was told that Hartford charges tax twice a year, 1 bill comes in December (due Jan 1) and the next bill comes in June. I chatted with a lot of folks online and found out that Hartford's mil rate is about double of what most cities/towns use.

holy crap. i just moved here in june and i am not looking forward to that tax bill. doesn't it come at the end of the summer?

Are leased vehicles taxed in CT?

I moved here in February and I am still shocked at the taxes in this state - and they are wondering why no skilled labor or big corporations want to come here? I guess paying over 17 cents a kWhr for electricity doesn't help either.

I wonder if they will send me a tax bill for my lawn tractor and snowblower???

I've never lived anywhere but CT... are taxes significantly lower elsewhere? Bought my LGT end of September and haven't gotten a bill yet.

It's true that every town taxes vehicles and property seperate. It's not a state tax... althought maybe some states do it that way? I dunno.

In any case I previously lived in coventry and drove an '03 civic si. Taxes were about $400 twice a year. ($800 total)

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

I've never lived anywhere but CT... are taxes significantly lower elsewhere? Bought my LGT end of September and haven't gotten a bill yet.

It's true that every town taxes vehicles and property seperate. It's not a state tax... althought maybe some states do it that way? I dunno.

In any case I previously lived in coventry and drove an '03 civic si. Taxes were about $400 twice a year. ($800 total)

CT has the highest tax burden in the US followed by New York and DC.

Too bad my two job offers were in CT and in Los Angeles - at least I can afford a house here.

I've never lived anywhere but CT... are taxes significantly lower elsewhere? It's true that every town taxes vehicles and property seperate. It's not a state tax... althought maybe some states do it that way? I dunno.

PA doesn't have a "property" tax on vehicles. Registration is $35 (IIRC) a year + State inspection, and proof of insurance. Blew my mind the first time I recieved a tax bill for a car. I had no idea what I was looking at until I asked at work.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

alright enough complaining about taxes we all know that our cars are worth it. :icon_bigg

anyway back to the ct hooters meet. i seriously think that we should put this together in the very near future im opting for a meet on some weekend, preferably a sunday at the new hooters in manchester it is very easy to get to it's right off of 84 (at the buckland street exit i believe 60 and 62 ?). you can see it from the exit ramp

btw: im picking up my 05' gt sedan from the dealership on monday thats only 3 days away :icon_bigg so we have to have a meet so i can get ideas on how to mod my new car

WHO IS IN

Archived