LegacyGT.com

6 Channel RCA cables?

SkiDaddy

In my research I've come across the Streetwires Zero Noise 2 4-channel RCA patch cables. Good, but my HU has 3 sets of preamp outs, one set for the sub amp to enable level control. Does anyone make 6 channel cables, or does everyone just use a 4 channel set and the 2 channel set w/the remote turn on wire?

Are the Streetwires a good bang for buck solution? (19.7 ft. for $50 at Crutchfield)

As to length, they're offered in a 16.4 and 19.7 foot length. My e6450 will be mounted in the trunk, AM HU in the cubby. Which length do I need?

TIA!:icon_bigg

Dude...check eBay for those cables. StereoDirect has them for alot less.

Six channel RCA's are fine if you are going to one amp for a clse group of RCA jacks. If you are using two amps or an amp that has widely spaced inputs, don't get the multichannel cables. They won't work.

As for length, get a tape measure and trace the route you plan to use. I'm inclined to say that the 5m is plenty.

As far as the wires are concerned, i poked around and found a few interconnects with 6 but they were all like high end ones for home stereos that were in the 100 dollar range for a 6 foot cable (which wouldnt do you any good anyway) Every install I have seen has ran a seperate set for the sub channel.

IMHO i think you could get away with the 16 footer but I would go with the 19 and the worst case senerio is you have to hide some tie wrapped slack instead of having to ghetto your install by moving your amp just to reach your wires.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Oh yes, never buy anything from crutchfield unless you have it on some super sale where you are actually getting a deal, otherwise crutchfield is charging MSRP for all accessories.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Oh yes, never buy anything from crutchfield unless you have it on some super sale where you are actually getting a deal, otherwise crutchfield is charging MSRP for all accessories.

+1. My rear end is still sore from buying a GLI there...

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Personally, I found the Monster XLN series to be the better solution, as it has a separate ground for the outermost ground shield. This way, any noise that gets near the cable is taken out before it can affect the signal.

Twisted pair is a pretty good solution as well, but I have no experience in them. The XLNs were wonderful for me, and eliminated all noise in my previous car system.

Beyond that, the cables themselves don't make much of a difference... I didn't notice any sound quality difference between cheap radio shack cables and expensive ones for the actual signal (ie, except for the noise shielding of the XLNs).

go for it then! Don't trust me when I say that you can save money by buying it on eBay.

Whoa big boy! Didja ever hear of a "quick search" at work cause you don't want your boss to catch you trollin' ebay (again:icon_roll )?

Schwinn, I'll check out the XLN series.

Okay reality check.

StreetWires ZN2604

Crutchfield Price : 49.99

http://www.hififorless.com : 35.00

Monster Cable top of the line Z100i interconnect

Crutchfield Price : 199.99

http://www.sourceoneaudio.com 99.99

Streetwires ZN205

Crutchfield Price 11.99

Cardomain.com (whose prices usually arent that great) 6.95

On ebay a decent quality 4 ch 17' interconnect set is going for about 20 bucks.

Hmmmm - I had used the Crutchfield part number, not ZN2604! No wonder I thought their price was decent. :icon_surp

Interestingly, Froogle finds hififorless and pricegrabber doesn't!:icon_conf \

Are there better search engines than these 2?

Looks like the Monster IMXLN 6C-6M would be perfect, but I can only find the 5 meter, for $70 + shipping.:icon_surp

The streetwires ZN2604 are $35, and the 2 channel w/remote turn on wire LN-260 is $10, for a total of $45 + shipping.

Is it worth the $25 difference (plus having to run a seperate turn on wire?

oh....an installer's trick for dealing with separate turn-on wire and RCA's. Bundle everything together and stick one end in a vise (or have someone hold it for you) - take a roll of electrical tape and loosely wrap the whole bunch all the way down to make one bundle to run.

ahh....there's 201XLN, 301XLN, 401XLN and MicroXLN (smaller RCA's and cabling). Micro is twisted, but light on the shielding. I used to sell the crap out of it though.....a quality product, but anybody who is selling it at a discount on the 'net isn't an authorized dealer.

I'm buying ZN5.0 for my install. Luckily, I only need two 1M cables and one .5M.

Archived