LegacyGT.com

is this a good deal

ct03si

i currently own a 2003 honda civic si but i am a subaru mechanic so i am thinking of trading it for a subaru, anyhow

there is a 2005 legact 2.5 gt at my dealership it is a trade in with 16000 miles on it it is still in mint condition and i can get it for $21000,00.

is this a good deal

i currently own a 2003 honda civic si but i am a subaru mechanic so i am thinking of trading it for a subaru, anyhow

there is a 2005 legact 2.5 gt at my dealership it is a trade in with 16000 miles on it it is still in mint condition and i can get it for $21000,00.

is this a good deal

If it's a Limited model, that's pretty good. If it's non-limited, not so good.

it's official im getting the gt. ended up talking the sales manager down to 20,000:icon_surp plus they are giving me 11,500 for my civic( that is 1,000 higher than kelly blue book):icon_bigg and to top it all off my insurance is going down even though the car is 2 years newer and turbo

i also added wheel locks and a subaru short throw shifter to the bill at cost

the only downside is that they gave me one week to remove all of the aftermarket parts that took me 2 years to save for, purchase, and install. that might be kinda difficult

It still seems like a decent deal. The main differences are that the limited has leather, power moonroof, and power seats.

On the other hand, the non-limited is lighter, has more headroom, and I suspect will hold it's value slightly better, since it was discontinued after '05.

I'm happy I got the limited, but you're getting a great car.

my first post here! I also have a 2002 Civic Si and am thinking of making the switch. I am also looking at the RSX-S and used 350z's. If I were to get an LGT I would not be able to spend over 24k, so it would be a used one. Here is a pic of my current car just for fun.

http://www.ephatch.com/~brett/Alki4small.JPG

I just bought my 05 Legacy GT last week for $20,000 with 11,000 miles on the OD. It doesn't have leather or the sunroof, but I can live without that stuff. I would definitely try to talk them down to 20k since tax season is around the corner. Good luck

my first post here! I also have a 2002 Civic Si and am thinking of making the switch. I am also looking at the RSX-S and used 350z's. If I were to get an LGT I would not be able to spend over 24k, so it would be a used one. Here is a pic of my current car just for fun.

There are probably still new '05 LGT's available for well below $24K. About six weeks ago, one of the local dealers here had a brand new '05 non-limited LGT for sale for $22,900 (that included the $1,500 factory incentive). Another local dealer had three new '05 LGT wagons, all under priced under $25K, and they were all automatics, which adds ~$1,000 to the price (also, wagons are ~$1,000 more than sedans).

I would venture to guess that you could get a leftover new '05 non-limited sedan with manual tranny for close to $22K.

There are probably still new '05 LGT's available for well below $24K. About six weeks ago, one of the local dealers here had a brand new '05 non-limited LGT for sale for $22,900 (that included the $1,500 factory incentive). Another local dealer had three new '05 LGT wagons, all under priced under $25K, and they were all automatics, which adds ~$1,000 to the price (also, wagons are ~$1,000 more than sedans).

I would venture to guess that you could get a leftover new '05 non-limited sedan with manual tranny for close to $22K.

very cool. How much does it add to the package if I want a limited? Thanks a lot for the help.

very cool. How much does it add to the package if I want a limited? Thanks a lot for the help.

I think the MSRP price difference was $2,500, so I'd guess the invoice price difference would be around ~$2,250 (totally a rough guess on my part). If you could pick the car up direct from a dealer who has it in stock, I think you could come very close to the $24K figure for a new '05 LGT Limited.

Grayson Subaru, a member here, just posted that the rebate is now $2,000 on '05's, so that's another $500 in your favor. Of course, the supply of '05's is dwindling, so the longer you wait, the more difficult it becomes to find one near you that is close to what you want in terms of colors and options.

To all ephatch members, current 02-05 si owners, etc... think long and hard and take many test drives before buying this car. I loved my '03 civic si and basically I regret buying this car ('05 LGT manual non-limited) every time I sit in it.

I know thats not a popular thing to say on the LGT message boards, and I really do appreciate all the enthusiasts here... since I do mod my car... but damn...

stick w/the Civic guys... or get another honda... whatever you do don't get a damn LGT or you'll kick yourself.

The thing is built like a piece of crap, the interior sucks balls, and besides the power and the AWD it just sucks ass.

<--- entitled to my own opinion.

So yeah... fellow Civic Si owners... test drive the hell out of the LGT before you go for it... wish I had spent some more time behind the wheel cause I definitely woulda got somethin else.

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

If you'd like detail on what I specifically dislike about the car please PM me, cause talking about it out in the open will cause every LGT member to vehemently deny everything I say and flame me cause they don't like what I'm saying. :p

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/gall_071804/images/IM001940.jpg

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Archived