LegacyGT.com

2007 Solstice 260 hp/ 260#

Saw a thing in Autoweek today about the 2007 Soltice due late this summer.

2.0 liter direct injection turbo 260HP and 260 #ft. Sounds like a hoot.

The regular one is said to be a excellent road car with this kind of power and excellent handling could get more interisting.

Price wise should be 4-5 k more about 26-27K. Opinions.

i havent sat in one of these yet -- are they at all practical? (any trunk space??!) are we talking miata size, or smaller??

personally, i dont think i could ever really deal with something that small --- as it is i wish the LGt had more space.

I think the Solstice looks stunning and so will the Saturn Sky. Having said that, most if not all of the reviews of the Solstice is that it is nice to be seen in but it doesn't drive as well as the new Miata. Very sloppy in terms of driving dynamics. The process of using the the top is not as simple as Miata. Gotta fiddle with the tonneu etc. And then there's the trunks space. Much smaller than the Miata. But nice looking it is.

It's ashamed that the trunk space is quite useless as it would mean no weekend car with one's lover.

The only problem is it's a Saturn.

I would say that's the best part. Saturn is the best GM division in terms of customer service and maintenance. Match that with a good car and you have a winning combo. Unfortunately, along with the rest of GM, they have had problems with the second part of that. I suspect that the Sky will prove to be not much more than a pretty face.

I would say that's the best part. Saturn is the best GM division in terms of customer service and maintenance. Match that with a good car and you have a winning combo. Unfortunately, along with the rest of GM, they have had problems with the second part of that. I suspect that the Sky will prove to be not much more than a pretty face.

+1

Even though I would like to drive that little beast and compare the results, the NA Solstice I drove and I really liked it, Miata style, and it came to fill this market niche....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroom/future_vehicles/SKY_scenic2.jpg

The Saturn looks much better, IMO. The only problem is it's a Saturn.

... nothing that agressive de-badging campaign couldn't fix!

Looks better to me too. less "bloat" than the Solstice. But this isn't a true saturn, in the sense that it is a saturn badged vauxhall design. There is a reason that it doesn't look like the rest of the saturn *cough*crap*cough* line.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/1679-1.jpg

Vauxhall VX Lightning 2003 Concept car, a year after the Solstice concept appeared in Detroit in 2002. Designed by a brit, and it shows. GM's European and Austrailian design houses do great work. US design departments design things like the Impala and Cobalt, and Asstek. Enough Said.

Of the Saturn, the Vauxhall, and the Pontiac, I like the Pontiac best. I love clean styling. The top takes up more room in the trunk, but it looks DAMN nice when the top is down. The Miata doesn't use up trunk room, but you get ugly convertible top bits visible when the top is down.

One thing you can't argue with: 260/260 in a 2800lb RWD roadster. I love my old NB Miata, but the Solstice GXP is gonna be one WICKED car. There's gonna be a lot of sad S2000 owners at the track this summer.

I took a look at the solstace loved the exterior and I felt like I fit better in it. the miata drives like a dream, but looks like a miata. sure its a new design from tip to tale but it still looks too close to the first inception of the car. to me that is its biggest draw back, lack of style.

The sky looks like a japanese version of the corvette/viper. i don't know i like yet. if it had more of a trunk space as Wunderkind said for weekend love getaways, then it woould be on my to get list.

the solstice is too rounded...and looks "mid-life-crisis of an aging fart-design".

The skyy retains some of the original vauxhall's aggresive design.

TO each his/her own i guess

But for those in the market segment, some good things are in store:

Skyy/Solstice

Mini Turbo

and the one and only S2k

The tuffie is choosing betwween the Skyy and the S2k....the S2k would win for reliability and the fact that a used one can be had for so much cheaer and money saved can go towards the turbo !!!!....one of these days...soon!!!

My brother has had a lot of problems with his Saturn. The most interesting one is that the brake system seized up on him one day. Apparently, he's got pollutants in the lines (don't know how they got there) and the dealer is quoting him over $2K for the repair.

I give it to GM they are making some nice cars these days, or at least nicer ones. I like the pontiac looks and the saturn one looks pretty good too. Best of all though is the engine seems really good, making more power per then the WRX engine does even. My question though is how good the tranny is and how much more power you can get out of the car. But they are deffinetly going in a good direction. Just make sure the build quality is good and they should start taking back some ground.

Archived