LegacyGT.com

Posted (edited)

Thanks. I have found it and that’s what I’m following. I searched it up, and It looks like I have 2purge valves. It seems like they just added another plug to the mix and slapped it on. Should I tape off the end of the old plug and use the new one or would the ecu not recognize this new sensor? Or is this another sensor altogether?

image.jpg

Edited by Flxr_88

Hard to tell exactly, but I think that is the purge control solenoid (black wire connector) and your boost control solenoid (blue connector).

Purge solenoid shoudl have 2 posts on it. On from the fuel vent line, and the other to the IM. Yours looks like one is broken off.

Posted (edited)

Yes one broke off. I’ll get a new one on order. It seems like the piece broke off and they despised to just bypass it. Other than that everything was pretty close to the diagram. 

Edited by Flxr_88

15 hours ago, Flxr_88 said:

Yes one broke off. I’ll get a new one on order. It seems like the piece broke off and they despised to just bypass it. Other than that everything was pretty close to the diagram. 

Okay good. That is at least just the fuel vapour evap solenoid that purges into the intake. Not a big deal, but still better to have it.

And I don't know exaclty what would happen when you cut the reference line going to the turbo. I would think the wastegate would mainly stay shut, since that is the default position. So... you could probably build a lot of boost and not know it, especially if the vacuum sensor was not attached. Might explain the crazy noises and very loud bypass valve?

When I said 'damage stuff' earlier, it was less about damaging the turbo... as long as it has sufficient oil I doubt you'd be able to spin it fast enough, it's all that extra air pressure having to go somewhere. That's the kind of thing that breaks ringlands, especially if it's not being accounted for with more fuel and the engine is knocking.

But as you said, it was a short drive and you pulled it right back in, so better than having gone for a spin like that. Hopefully with all this stuff fixed, and every hose connected to where it is supposed to be, you get back to normal.

Took it for a test drive yesterday, and drove it around today. Everything seems fine, and better than before. Idles better, the Cobb tuner is reading boost, and no noises that sound out of the ordinary. Thanks for all the help and this is a big peace of mind knowing that this fix will be less likely a cause for something else in the future. 

• Like 1