LegacyGT.com

FS (PDX): Rare K2Gear Steering Wheel w/ Airbag Cover & Sport Shift Buttons

Hey y'all!

Got this steering wheel in from Japan not too long ago and wanted to try my hand at refurbishing it a bit. Leather was originally a bit worn & dry from use & the stitching was definitely a bit sun faded when I got it. After refreshing the leather a bit and re-dying the threads I think it's looking pretty nice, so now I'm putting it up for sale! I'm asking $400 shipped + paypal G&S fees obo

K2Gear Steering Wheel with Red Stitching

IMG_3828.thumb.JPEG.bb6ed8032300150295210bbb0e5e3547.JPEGIMG_3845.thumb.JPEG.e994946a42e76912cd3b175faffe6dc5.JPEGIMG_3847.thumb.JPEG.e685004cc1a6cd57a2d8a497863ed7d2.JPEG

Comes with airbag cover (no airbag charge) and sport shift buttons. Direct fit for 2005-2007 Legacies (Pre-facelift), will fit 2008-2009 Legacies with wiring modifications. Will also fit other Subaru models in similar model years. This style of steering wheel allows for direct plug & play and retention of the factory airbag. The one problem area I would say is there's a nick in the upper right hand corner but it is fairly small and unnoticeable, overall I'd give it an 8/10 condition!

Comment or PM with any questions!

Justin

IMG_3815.JPEG

IMG_3816.JPEG

IMG_3817.JPEG

IMG_3818.JPEG

IMG_3827.JPEG

IMG_3824.JPEG

IMG_3846.JPEG

IMG_3848.JPEG

Edited by justabeatty

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna attempt dyeing using a rit dye for synthetics (I was guessing it was polyester thread) but my gf had a fabric dye pen on hand that worked wonders, way easier to be precise with it that way too. Hasn’t been handled too much since I dyed it but the color took to it real well

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I just bought an 09 WRX steering wheel that could use some love but it’s got the red stitching. I thought about re-doing it but this seems much easier. Appreciate you telling me how you did that, those turned out really nice!

• Like 1

Nice! Yeah that's the best bang for your buck (and time & effort) way to do it as far as I can tell. If you don't know the thread material just try to find a dye pen that will do synthetics too in case it's not cotton (it's most likely not cotton). Fine point Sharpie may also work for a synthetic polyester thread but I can't speak for the color longevity on that one