LegacyGT.com

Hello there,

My Lagacy seat position constantly and gradually changes position from desired position to all the way up and forward. Additionally my fob setting does the same. So when I open the door the seat resets and goes all the way up and forward a bit. I then hit the #1 reset on the door and it goes back down but not where it was before. I’m constantly resetting both and am slowly loosing it. Please help!

There is an entire chapter of the FSM devoted to Power Seat Memory (PSM) diagnositcs. (See attachment.) Some PSM faults will set a DTC, but it's not clear whether or not a basic scan tool can access them if set.

One possible fault is low battery voltage, so that would be something simple to eliminate before going any further. Next, I would replace the fob battery with new, just to be sure, to eliminate that as a possibility.

6.19-PSMdiag-Power_Seat_Memory_Diagnostics.pdf

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

My Infiniti would do this when the battery was going dead.  Drove me nuts.

Never had this issue on the 3.6 even when the battery was replaced it retained the settings.

I feel your pain though!  

As above member has said maybe your battery is low? Follow what they have said. They are well respected and in the industry.