LegacyGT.com

2018 Legacy Premium 2.5i Touchscreen Home Key stuck

Hello,

My touchscreen beeps randomly which I think is due to the Home button being stuck or simulated being pressed.  The button flashes when this occurs. This is a touchscreen, so there is no actual button of course. But the beeping occurs whether the radio is on or not. Very annoying.  I had a ruggedized rosary hanging from my rear view mirror which would occasionally hit against the screen on turns etc. That may have harmed the screen.  I took it down. Is there any trouble shooting I can do? I tried a reset to no avail. Replacement unit is $1,400 - ouch.  If I could disable the sound of the beep, that would be acceptable. Thoughts?

Btw, I really enjoyed reading the thread on oil consumption as I am starting to see this.  2018, 130K mi, mostly highway.

Cheers

Maybe the rosary did the touchscreen in on one sharp turn 😁

Yeah dealer replacement is $1,400. You can source the unit from other sources from wrecked car etc for under $300.  Or if that is not an option just get a nice head unit that is compatible with the backup camera at a radio shop and have them do the install.

Don't know if your car has Nav but any new unit from a good car audio place will have Nav, Bluetooth, etc and prob a better quality as well.

Hey MoleMan,

I think so! 🙃

I was considering your first suggestion.  On the 2nd, what is a "head unit". Sorry, I'm a newbie.  Is this something that will just sit on top of the dash with a suction cup?

Thanks!

"head unit" is the term used for the radio in most aftermarket scenarios.

Can confirm, once the touch portion of the unit starts to fail, it needs to be replaced. It's relatively simple to do yourself if you decide to go the used route.  all you need is a plastic pry tool and a philips screw driver.... oh and paitence.  they do not give you a lot of slack on the wiring and there's like a dozen plugs.  okay, maybe not a dozen but like 6 or so of varying shapes and sizes.

• Like 1