LegacyGT.com

Good deal? STS

neelnug

my car came with the STi STS :( so I'll have to live with it.. besides, I didnt have to pay for that option when I settled on the price on the car at that time...

I have no complaints of the STi STS (but there are shorter throwing systems out there).. I track and autox this car, so it's no bother to me and I can find my gears just fine and fast enough.

Keefe

I have subaru bucks to kill.... I figured I might as welll use them. I dont want a really agressive shifter. Just something a little more crisp then stock. I use the 350z when I feel like really rowing through the gears. (i know its not much faster but it sounds real nice)

Just installed the new version of the Cobb STS, dayum this thing is sweet. If you have the Subaru bux, use them. I'm sure it's not as short a throw as the other STS units out there. Click click!!!

Since its adjustable, I am sure it can be. Just got the same shifter today. Need to install this weekend.

Since its adjustable, I am sure it can be. Just got the same shifter today. Need to install this weekend.

Here is a tip for the COBB STS (new version) install... Short doesn't always mean shorter throw. I went a whole day trying to figure out why the throw wasn't that short, and why I couldn't shift to 2nd and 4th gear with the bezel installed.

Well duh... the lower adjustment must be raised, and not lowered. Also, the COBB lettering should face the front of the car.

If you want to get the shortest throw possible (raise the shifter more) , you'll have to trim part of the metal ring down with a dremel. I tried to see if I could just flip it around, but there are certain parts that are welded, and it wouldn't work.

Archived