LegacyGT.com

Creeking from center console. Any known fixes?

intercede007

Anybody else have a problem with the painted trim pieces around the center console creeking, especially over uneven pavement?

It's been an issue since I've had the car. I installed the STi short throw shifter this weekend, and attempted to loosen the pieces hoping that the added clearence would allow them not to rub against whatever was causing the noise, to no avail.

Anybody have a fix or know of how a dealer fixed it if at all? It's really getting on my nerves, especially now that it's colder outside.

Thanks!

Jon

Take the shifter cover plate off and you will see that the two side pieces (silver) have elongated holes in them where they screw down in the back.

Loosen the screws and push the trim pieces outward slightly when retightening the screws. Then it shouldn't creak.

Take the shifter cover plate off and you will see that the two side pieces (silver) have elongated holes in them where they screw down in the back.

Loosen the screws and push the trim pieces outward slightly when retightening the screws. Then it shouldn't creak.

Ahh..I just loosened them. So they actually have an adjust to them? Outstanding! Thanks mccorry!

My dealer fixed it under warranty, I do not know how. Why not take it to your dealer?

Because that requires time, and I'd much rather do it myself when it's convenient for me and not the dealership (Sunday afternoon's).

Archived