LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy head unit replacement harness (non nav/non HK)

So I want to replace my stock head unit for a double DIN.  Just want to put on a backup camera.

I see a lot of the 20-pin harnesses I can plug in to the OE harness and wire the aftermarket HU off of.

I've looked at pictures of head units similar to mine and they have a few other sockets going into it.  Anyone have details on these other sockets?  Do I need them for a simple HU change?

Edited by Scubaboo

I know some of the connectors are for the aux input, steering controls, satellite radio, and USB media hub kit.

Pretty sure I only needed the standard harness and an antenna adapter when I installed my DEH-80PRS. Didn't care about losing steering wheel controls. Make sure you get a long antenna adapter, like the Metra 40-SB10-18.

Edited by Plastixx
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 6:22 AM, Scubaboo said:

I've looked at pictures of head units similar to mine and they have a few other sockets going into it.  Anyone have details on these other sockets?  Do I need them for a simple HU change?

24 pin socket has AUX

8 pin socket has MIC and Camera wires (if you have backup camera). If your car does not have camera - the socket will not have camera wiring and you can wire backup camera directly to your new headunit