LegacyGT.com

Ej206 no spark

Okay so I bought a legacy wagon about two months ago now freshly rebuilt motor not fully put together the guy was getting married and had to sell all his toys (huge gamble on my end) anyways I get it all together and it cranks fine but I have no spark. Plugs are new coils seem okay I even tested with a good known coil still no spark. I put a cam and crank sensor in it still nothing I have no codes. Wondering if anyone has any idea what it may be or if anyone has a wiring diagram for the ignition system so I can check the grounds thank you

•  

if you have any kind of scan tool what do you get for engine speed when cranking?  if it's 0, it's the crank and cam gear, especially with it being a jdm motor.  As far as grounds go, there aren't too many ways to mess it up. The main harness generally grounds to the intake manifold, and doesn't need to be touched to remove the engine/intake manifold, and the battery is grounded to the top starter bolt, if that was loose you shouldn't even be able to crank it. Sometimes there are two auxiliary grounds but they don't do much, and a lot of cars are either broken/missing and they still run.