LegacyGT.com

No blue coolant temp light on my car.

16 hours ago, CamaroMan79 said:

My 2015 never had one and I bought this car new. I’m guessing maybe because it’s a 3.6r engine? Can anyone chime in? I never knew Subarus had them until I rode in my girlfriends 2010 Forester.

Neither my 2018 2.5i nor my wife's 2011 Forester XT have this light.  Does her Forester have a temp gauge?

the 15-19 legoutback has a coolant gauge.  the previous generation did not, I believe it's an MPG gauge where the coolant gauge should be, this could also be market dependent, i can only speak for the USDM. The 2011 Forester XT has a cluster with a temp gauge, a 2011 base doesn't have a coolant or mpg gauge, depending on trim level; NA 2.5's got the same cluster as the turbo. The 2018 Forester, AFAIK, only has the coolant light, no gauge.

All this directly speaking of whats visible in the instrument cluster.  I know the forester has a snazzy multifunction display that will likely show you coolant and/or oil temperature.

Edited by silverton
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 5:20 PM, CamaroMan79 said:

My 2015 never had one and I bought this car new.

My 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback "never had one," either. (That seems a strange way of saying that.) As others have already posted, I don't believe any MY 2015-2019 Legacys and Outbacks had the blue light; the factory installed real coolant temperature gauges instead.

• Haha 1

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png