LegacyGT.com

Rotas?

Hey everyone!

I was wanting to pick up a set of wheels for my 98 Legacy Outback. Im seeing thats I dont have too many affordable options I like the design of (less than $800). Trying not to spend more than what I bought the car for. 

I noticed Rota has a lot of options (yes reps too, Im ok with that). Does anyone currently run Rotas? If so do you have specs, pics, and opinions on em?

And also, if I were to get them, where would I buy them from? Im in the US btw. Im not doing any hard driving, just a little spirited driving here and there and just want a set that looks good and that can handle some accidentally hit potholes 😅

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

I am on Rota's, 18x8 Gravels with 225/45 tires on my 5th gen Legacy.

I got them to clear STI Brembos I put on around 2018, the Gravels were well documented to clear those brakes.  Cheap too.

I still have them on today, no bends yet but the powdercoat came off in chunks for some reason a few years ago so had them repainted.

IMO at stock Subaru tire sizes and tire pressures (not low on air) Rotas should hold their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scubaboo said:

I am on Rota's, 18x8 Gravels with 225/45 tires on my 5th gen Legacy.

I got them to clear STI Brembos I put on around 2018, the Gravels were well documented to clear those brakes.  Cheap too.

I still have them on today, no bends yet but the powdercoat came off in chunks for some reason a few years ago so had them repainted.

IMO at stock Subaru tire sizes and tire pressures (not low on air) Rotas should hold their own.

Awesome man, any pics?

And where did you get em? Used? Brand new?

1 hour ago, Scubaboo said:

spacer.png

Looks great man! 

Ill keep an eye out for some Rotas. If ya dont mind me asking, what are the specs and how much did you get em for since they were used?

6 hours ago, Scubaboo said:

Oh and something like the equivalent of $500 used, I could probably get them cheaper but I didnt bother looking and was in a hurry.  They were only a few weeks old when I got them FWIW.

So sorry man, I just realized you already told me the specs lol

But thats awesome. Ill definitely keep a close eye out for any rotas that pop up. I just dont want to overpay whenever I find a nice set 😅